The Toulouse Graduate School, with its outstanding faculty, high academic standards, and diverse student body, provides abundant opportunities for graduate students by offering over 100 master’s and doctoral programs in a variety of disciplines.
The Academic Financial Officer is a strategic-thinking leader who is primarily responsible for all aspects of financial operations to include financial analysis, evaluation, planning, reporting and recommending the most efficient use of the department’s resources. As a member of the Dean’s leadership team, the budget officer will work closely with the Dean to develop and coordinate the department’s annual academic and operating budget planning process, forecasts and predicts resource requirements for new and existing programs, and develops funding strategies to ensure financial sustainability. The Academic Financial Officer coordinates externally funded activities of the Graduate School while providing financial management, ensuring compliance with University policies and serving as the liaison between the Colleges as appropriate.
Additional Posting Details
Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in accounting, finance, business or related field and six years of progressively responsible financial administration or budget management experience. Additional education may be substituted for required experience. Experience may not be substituted for education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of federal, state and local guidelines for accounting and reporting.
- Demonstrated technical skill in problem solving and preparation of data driven analyses and reports through the extraction and manipulation of report data.
- Ability to think independently and perform with little or no supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use various IT tools and software systems to provide meaningful financial management information and analyses to assure effective, efficient processing of business transactions.
- Ability to form positive working relationships within and across a complex organization, including the ability to identify and gain consensus on issues of common interest.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supervision and mentoring of direct reports and the ability to lead and work within a team oriented environment.