Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director - Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Associate Director - Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Process financial aid applications for all entering and renewal applicants; assess eligibility for financial aid; assist in administrating federal, state and institutional aid to students and families; maintain communications with other departments on and off campus; participate in professional organizations and counsel students and families.
To be fully considered, please include a cover letter as part of your job application.
- Advise students and parents, as well as on/off campus constituencies about financial aid opportunities, procedures, college policies and eligibility requirements for aid. Must have the ability to interact with students and parents calmly and graciously under difficult, interpersonal situations and be capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
- Analyze, evaluate and verify confidential information on student's application material for the purpose of determining levels and sources of assistance for prospective and current WPI students. Base decisions upon WPI, federal and state policies governing aid distribution.
- Manage the R2T4 process by performing the return of Title IV Refund calculations in compliance with federal student aid regulations and calculating amended institutional financial aid eligibility based on institutional financial aid policies for students who withdraw or complete early from the institution
- Manage the Federal Direct Loan program including the Federal Direct Stafford, GradPLUS, and PLUS loans.
- Complete monthly reconciliation process for the Direct Lending program.
- Collaborate with Admissions Office on financial aid awards to incoming, first year students.
- Interaction with Bursar's Office and Financial Services Office to assist in reconciling students' charges and credits.
- Responsible for overseeing the communication process for the FYS Mailing, year-end SAP process.
- Resolve unofficial records, C flags, and error messages for all FAFSA records throughout the academic year.
- Assist with compliance and training within the office and financial aid programs
- Process aid adjustments for non-returnees, reduced course loads and students with enrollment changes throughout the academic year.
- Assist office with taking on additional work on a temporary basis during times of staff shortages.
- Assist office with search process for new staff hires (i.e. applicant review, interviews, and evaluation of candidates)
- Assist office with training with new team member hires.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment when communication with students, parents, colleagues and external agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Possess a comfort level with software applications and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Exhibits ability and willingness to contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work environment
- As appropriate, demonstrate ability to mentor/train more junior staff
- Experience is strongly preferred. Management of student assistance awards and familiarity with financial aid computer software systems preferably PowerFAIDs, Work Day & SCT Banner
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able and willing to work overtime during peak times, especially during the file review periods
- Willing to work at WPI events during non-business hours
- Hours of work: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Position is an exempt staff position which requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Sense of humor
- Positive attitude
- Sensitivity towards others
- Responsive and responsible
- Excellent communicator
- Team builder
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director---Student-Aid---Financial-Literacy_R0000727-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |