Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Cooperative Education
Stevens Institute of Technology
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of students? Do you want to work with an awesome team of professionals every day? If you said yes, the Assistant Director, Cooperative Education might be the right job for you.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Stevens Career Center, the Assistant Director for Cooperative Education actively supports a centralized career center and oversees all projects and activities needed to achieve the strategic initiatives for the Cooperative Education Program. https://www.stevens.edu/career-center/undergraduate-cooperative-education-program-co-op
- Lead and support the growth and expansion of the Cooperative Education Program (Co-op Program).
- Design the new co-op career development course and ensure students meet all eligibility requirements.
- Collaborate with academic advisors to identify eligible co-op students for each work semester.
- Establish strong, trusting relationships with co-op students. Ensure students know who to contact to get questions answered.
- Oversee the management and ensure the success of the Co-op Mentor Program, Co-op Decision Day, and Co-op Networking Events.
- Design career development workshops for co-op students and facilitate workshops and hands-on labs in collaboration with the Career & Talent Development Team.
- Ensure students secure co-op jobs to achieve a 90% or greater placement rate for each co-op work semester.
- Collaborate with the Career & Talent Development team to assign a career coach to each first-time co-op student. Meet with career coaches regularly to monitor student progress.
- Provide high-quality career coaching to support students in securing co-op jobs.
- Manage, coordinate, and execute activities related to the co-op program including recruiting and work semester timelines, student and employer processes, and co-op recruiting events.
- Represent the career center at employer recruiting, admissions, and new student orientation events.
- Create and maintain the co-op student and employer handbooks. Provide relevant information for parents.
- Use technology to manage the co-op program.
- Track and record co-op outcomes, student participation rates, and contribute to year-end reporting.
- Assist the Employer Engagement team with managing and strengthening employers relationships.
- Ensure employers follow legal interviewing and hiring practices and honor co-op work semester timelines.
- Ensure employers understand and abide by all relevant federal and state labor and EEOC laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends to attend career center and other campus-wide events.
- Supervise, train, and develop a Senior Career Coach, Cooperative Education
- Supervise additional career coaches based on department needs.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study preferably in program management or project management
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- At least one year experience supervising at least one direct report
- Proven track record of success demonstrated through goal achievement, continuous learning, and continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate advanced organizational skills
- Demonstrate advanced interpersonal, program management, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency with a focus on getting things done.
- A self-starter with an ability to adapt to change, and successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Ability to present new ideas and bring those ideas to fruition.
Preferred education and experience:
- Masters degree
- Knowledge of STEM career paths in engineering or technology
- Experience using academic technology such as Canvas and Workday Student
- Experience using Zoom, HubSpot, Smartsheet, and Qualtrics
- Experience using a career management platform such as Handshake
The Division of Student Affairs at Stevens creates opportunities for students to learn and grow intellectually, personally, and professionally outside of the traditional classroom.
The Student Affairs team collaborates with students, faculty, staff, and the local community to provide programs and to continually improve the Stevens student experience. Student Affairs offices include Undergraduate Student Life, Graduate Student Life, Community Standards and Title IX, Athletics, Residential and Dining Services, Residential Education, Office of Student Culture and Belonging, Student Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Disability Services, the Stevens Career Center, Stevens Technical Enrichment Program (STEP), Student Support, and University Events.
General Submission Guidelines:
Please submit an online application to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Academic Submission Guidelines:
Teaching statement that includes a) teaching interests, b) teaching philosophy, and c) a plan on how to create an inclusive environment for students of all backgrounds in terms of classroom teaching, student advising, and graduate student mentoring
Contact info for at least 2-3 references (school-specific; please refer to job posting)
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
NSF ADVANCE Institution Steven’s values diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a welcoming and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minority candidates, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. Click here for a copy of this report.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |