Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Extension
Alcorn State University
- The assistant director oversees the planning and administration of educational programming around our major focus areas.
- The Assistant Director will also be responsible for management of field operations in the assigned geographic area within the state.
- The Assistant Director initiates and leads stakeholder engagement within the region. Other responsibilities include coordination with other members of the Extension leadership team and County Directors.
- The Assistant Director will be located in Lorman, MS and serves as a regular, full time, 12-month academic professional staff member with primary responsibility for providing leadership and vision for alignment of resources and partners to support the development and delivery of educational initiatives within our program areas.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Extension policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and vision.
- Strong management skills, including experience in financial management, strategic planning, and team building.
- Ability to identify and build on the strengths of a successful Extension organization.
- Ability to think strategically and build consensus and engage the staff and administration in collegial and constructive decision-making.
- Ability to lead the Extension organization in educational programs and technical assistance initiatives.
- Commitment to excellence and effectiveness in educational programming and experience in conducting applied research are essential.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with program staff and other university officials in developing and/or, maintaining long-range and annual plans for the program.
- Provides the coordination, supervision, and assistance necessary to ensure that the goals and objective of the program are achieved on a timely basis.
- Assists in the selection orientation and training of program staff.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of all reports required by the university, USDA, Science Education Administration (SEA) and other appropriate agencies.
- Masters required. PhD preferred in an appropriate field from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years’ significant and successful administrative experience.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |