The UAE Awaits You …
Become an Educator at the Higher Colleges of Technology
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across 7 Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 85 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
With a reputation for embedding innovative teaching, learning methods and technologies in its pedagogy, HCT is at the cutting-edge of the UAE’s drive to diversify the economy towards a knowledge-oriented base. Teaching methods and technologies are the most modern available and focus on student achievement, advancement, and employment.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
HCT Senior Management Team is planning to visit San Diego City in California, USA expected in the second week of April 2018, to conduct face to face interviews with the shortlisted qualified candidates.
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs
The DVC Academic Affairs is responsible for the oversight of all academic programmes and services delivered at HCT. He/she is responsible for the development, maintenance, review, and implementation of HCT’s academic programmes and curriculum that meet students’ needs. He/she is responsible to oversee academic and institutional accreditation and re-accreditation efforts in coordination with key internal stakeholders. Additionally, he/she is responsible to manage faculty affairs across HCT. Furthermore, the incumbent is responsible to lead applied research activities based on HCT’s available funds.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in an academic discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 15 years of related work experience, with at least 6 years spent in a leadership role.
- Proven track record in developing & implementing academic policies, procedures and processes in higher education
- Experience with operational and financial management of a complex academic organization
- Possesses teaching skills that foster leadership and is a strong, innovative and creative administrator
- Strategic academic planning, budgeting, and academic personnel administration in a higher education setting
- Proven success in leading accreditation processes
- Exhibits commitment to the principles of diversity, fairness, and integrity
- Experience fostering partnerships between industry and the companies/government it serves
- Understanding of current issues and future directions in higher education
- Strong interpersonal and critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to represent HCT locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective strategic thinker
- Capacity to forge and nurture partnerships with private, non-profit, and government entities as well as other institutions of higher education