Director of Graduate Admissions, College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
The College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS) is seeking a Director of Graduate Admissions (Director). The Director of is responsible for leading recruitment and admission efforts for certificate, master's, and doctoral programs in the areas of Nursing, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, and Health Professions Education. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Director will design and implement recruitment and yield strategies to meet enrollment goals and will collaborate with Simmons University's partner on the recruitment and admission for all programs offered through the partnership. The Director is responsible for managing the departmental budget, developing a comprehensive marketing plan, and leading campus visitation events. The Director has a highly visible, important role in the CNBHS, and at the University.
The Director will oversee admission staff, and be a member of the Enrollment Management Directors' team. All candidates for this position must have demonstrated management experience, strong understanding of admission processes, and knowledge of the basic principles of enrollment management. The Director will need strong analytical skills and be very comfortable working with large amounts of data. The candidate's student recruitment experience should demonstrate success in generating inquiries, converting inquiries to applicants, and yielding deposits in the admissions cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting enrollment goals for each designated start term;
- Recruit, train, and supervise core staff;
- Support the partnership between Simmons and our marketing/recruiting partner for all online programs within CNBHS;
- Monitor admission budget and expenditures to ensure fiscal responsibility and adherence to college policy;
- Oversee the distribution of merit scholarships, assistantships, and endowed funds with the goal of increasing new student conversions;
- Have working knowledge about financial aid programs and student loans;
- Develop and implement admissions/marketing plans for multiple programs;
- Optimize the use of the Slate CRM system for efficient, customer focused communication, application generation/processing and yield efforts;
- Optimize the use of the CAS application software systems for efficient, customer focused application processing;
- Collaborate with the IT Department for successful integration between CAS and Slate systems;
- Identify new markets and other recruitment opportunities for growth;
- Collect, report, and analyze data for trends, opportunities, and goal setting;
- Plan and implement in person and virtual information sessions and open house events;
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings including: Graduate Directors' meetings, the Graduate Enrollment University-wide Team meetings, CNBHS faculty meetings, and the Enrollment Management directors' meetings;
- Monitor and enforce University and program accreditation policies and procedures that affect prospective and new graduate students;
- Collaborate with the VP, CNBHS Dean and Associate Deans, and faculty program directors to project annual new student headcount and credits;
- Collaborate with CNBHS Administrative staff and Academic Department staff to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new students as they move from deposited students to matriculated students.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional admission experience with progressive responsibility in either undergraduate or graduate areas;
- Experience recruiting for the health professions programs and CAS applications systems is strongly preferred, but not required;
- Previous supervisory experience required;
- Experience with public speaking and presentations required;
- Demonstrated experience with student-centered orientation, appreciation for exceptional customer service, and the ability to foster relationships with faculty and the Simmons community;
- Must be comfortable in a collaborative workplace setting and be able to enthusiastically represent the College and its mission to outside constituencies.
This is a campus based position. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director-of-Graduate-Admissions--College-of-Natural--Behavioral-and-Health-Sciences--CNBHS-_R07558
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.