Your future begins here - great benefits, great people. Join us today! https://ub-foundation.org/what-we-do/The University at Buffalo Foundation (UBF) is searching for a Director of Investment Operations to join our team.
This position works very closely with the CEO and is responsible for the efficient operations of a billion dollar investment portfolio in compliance with approved policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate the Investment Committee agenda including the preparation of documents and the scheduling of manager and 3rd party presentations.
* Monitor performance, policy and portfolio guidelines to ensure consistency with investment strategies adopted by the Investment Committee, and executed by the investment consultant, as well as compliance with State and Federal laws.
* Monitor, analyze and project cash flow to anticipate fund expenditure requirements and maximize earning power of funds available for investment; ensures that the asset allocation plan is properly executed.
* As requested by the investment consultant, facilitate and assist with investment manager searches, including evaluating proposals; conducting interviews; analyzing funds and strategies, asset classes and portfolio performance and risk; investment management style.
* Facilitate legal review and negotiation of contracts with outside investment managers on terms and approval from and by the CEO.
* Assist in the preparation of the Investment division budget to ensure adequate staffing and resources to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
* In concert with the investment consultant, recommend periodic portfolio rebalancing to the Investment Committee.
* Monitor service contracts with custodian bank, consulting and investment firms, and other service providers, to ensure compliance with contract terms, and satisfactory performance. Prepare standard RFP documents for such services under the direction of the CEO.
* Coordinate investment activities with other UBF departments to ensure a consistent communication and a smooth workflow.
* Advises the CEO, CFO, Senior Director of Administration and the board and its committees on new and emerging economic and financial issues.
* Oversee the recording of activity, reporting and analysis associated with pooled investments related to endowment and planned gift funds.
* Assure business continuity for the Investments Division, its processes and portfolio holdings.
* Oversee documentation maintenance to support fair valuation of alternative investments.
* This position supervises up to two staff members responsible for investments activities of UBF.
The University at Buffalo Foundation
(UBF) plays a vital role in helping the University at Buffalo (UB) establish, enhance, and expand its reputation as a leading public research university. As a private, independent organization, UBF assists in the acquisition of strategic assets, investing and providing resources, and providing a variety of services for the UB community.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our https://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits.ub-foundation.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.