Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE EXTENSION
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE EXTENSION
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date: 07/23/2023
Campus Location: Milpitas Extension
The Director of College Extension reports to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Workforce Innovation at the Milpitas Extension. This is full-time, 12 months per year, Classified Management position.
Under general direction of a Vice President or assigned administrator, the Director of College Extension provides vision, leadership, and administrative over sight for the Milpitas extension site operations including dual enrollment, promise, middle college, and other academic programs. The Director manages, leads and supervises all aspects of the site in accordance with the San Jose City College's Education Master Plan and applicable Board policies and procedures. The Director is the College's representative to liaise with the Milpitas Unified School District and the local community in the assigned program service area and serves as the campus/community facilitator.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Director of College Extension is a leadership position designed with requirement that the individual be capable of working independently to resolve management, programmatic, fiscal, and administrative matters and to deliver on College initiatives. The position supervises the classified staff in assigned area and meets regularly with the Vice President and other college administrators to support the daily program operations of the extension site.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identify and develop resources and provide administrative leadership to carry out the day-to-day program administration operations of the College Extension Site.
2. Develop strategies and operational plans to ensure the academic program growth of the site including the implementation of new offerings and services.
3. Work with the college administration management team to develop, deploy and schedule instructional programs and classes for the site, inclusive of innovative programs to serve existing and evolving programs.
4. Work with the college Student Affairs management team to maintain appropriate levels of student services programs for the extension site and to develop best practices with seamless wrap around services to deliver the best student experience.
5. Supervise and manage the site facility in collaboration with the Milpitas Unified School District and College Administrative Services; coordinate with other college programs and the District to maximize the use and efficiency of the buildings that may include evening and weekend activities.
6. Prepare and administer budgets; prepare justifications and recommendations; supervise expenditures and control budget; provide data for program review; and assure maintenance of appropriate documentation and record keeping of activities and events related to the site.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Milpitas Unified School District, local government, civic business/industry and other educational groups in the service area.
8. Initiate and maintain community ties for the college, provide information about college and site programs to the general public and develop local support groups.
9. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; coordinate with other college and District staff to ensure proper staff support for the programs on this site.
10. Provide leadership and training for staff to ensure that staff remain aware of and familiar with the District and college policies and procedures.
11. Participate in local, regional and state activities to promote the College and the Milpitas Extension Site programs.
12. Liaise with the District Police Department and follow the Emergency Plan acting as the Incident Commander for the Milpitas Site Emergency Response Team in coordination with the Milpitas Unified School District emergency response team.
13. Serve as the Title IX Deputy Coordinator for the extension site.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Higher education and student services for California Community Colleges.
2. District policies, procedure and college programs.
3. District Safety procedures.
4. Title IX regulations.
5. Budget preparation and control.
6. Funding and budget methods and regulations regarding the use of funds.
7. Interpersonal communication skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
8. Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
9. Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
Skills and Abilities to:
1. Plan, organize, develop, and evaluate the programs, activities, and services that meet student and community needs.
2. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with faculty and staff, students, and community members.
3. Work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds and promote access, success, and equity.
4. Collaborate and work with multiple stakeholders that include school districts, community based organizations, advisory committees, and business/industry partners.
5. Present a positive image of the College in the community.
6. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
7. Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
8. Plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines.
9. Work independently with little direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors degree from an accredited institution a minimum; Masters degree preferred.
2. Five years of experience with a comprehensive administrative assignment that includes the management of people, budget, and facilities.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the Districts hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$137,969 - $167,702 Annual Salary (Range M26: Management 2022-2023) Salary Schedule. Starting salary placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Manager and supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 20 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |