Campus Living is accepting applications in an effort to fill a Residence Hall Director position.
As Residence Hall Director, you are responsible for the residential life functions in one or more residence halls, housing 500-600 students. Through supervision of a Graduate Assistant (Assistant Hall Director) and approximately 16-24 paraprofessional staff members, the RHD fosters a clean, safe, positive and inclusive community environment that encourages students to develop their fullest potential. This position includes educational, supervisory and administrative functions that promote student engagement, academic success, personal development and a strong sense of community through the implementation of the residential curriculum.
This is a 12-month, live-in position, beginning approximately the 3rd week in July. Your duties may include:
- Student and professional staff supervision
- Residential curriculum
- Crisis intervention
- Student conduct
- Maintenance and facilities management
- Housing operations/services
- Counseling, helping and conflict management
- Administrative time management
Campus Living, a unit within the Division of Student Life, serves to provide the best residential living experience for students at the University at Buffalo. We support the University’s mission by providing residential environments that assist students in being academically and personally successful.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Working at UB offers world-class benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreational resources. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. We focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal life, and academic pursuits in an effort to support work-life effectiveness.
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of experience in college student supervision, judicial affairs, orientation or student activities.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills are required.
- Based on the need to respond to crisis situations and serve on a duty rotation, travel within the campus, between campuses and off the campus is required. Candidates will need to demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs of the position.
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Education or related field with one to three years of post-bachelor’s degree experience in residence hall or university apartment experience is preferred.
- Due to the transportation needs of the position, a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in NYS is preferred.