The Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE) seeks a dynamic, creative, self-starter to join the team as Assistant Director of Student and Young Alumni Engagement.
OAE’s mission is to inspire lifelong engagement with the Tufts Community. Through connections, shared experiences, and opportunities to give back, we empower Alumni to make an impact on each other and the University. This is accomplished through extensive programming initiatives in Boston, throughout the United States, and around the world catering to a variety of alumni needs and interests. OAE is the key point of contact for all alumni of the University. OAE plans events and programs including Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, Lifelong Learning & Travel Learn, Career Networking, regional and shared interest events, as well as programming for current students of the University, soon to be alumni.
What You'll Do
As an integral member of OAE’s outreach and engagement team, the Assistant Director of Student and Young Alumni Engagement will work to engage Tufts undergraduate students through events and activities on campus. This position will also engage young alumni around the globe and help facilitate meaningful connections between them and the university.
• Leads the development, planning, and execution of student and young alumni programming and events.
• Participates in and/or coordinates events and programs for current students including, but not limited to, New Student Orientation, Welcome Back Seniors, Junior Send-off, Sophomore Halfway There, Homecoming, Parent & Family Weekend, Commencement Fair, Giving Tuesday, Senior Week activities, and Commencement.
• Identifies new and creative ways to engage students throughout their four years, works to ensure a smooth transition from student to grad, collaborates with the Tufts Annual Giving team to increase student education about philanthropy, attends student events and various meetings, and acts as a resource for student volunteers
• Builds and maintains relationships with staff members in the Office for Campus Life, the Career Center, Athletics, the Dean of Student Affairs Office, University Advancement, and relevant academic departments.
• Works closely with student leadership staff to develop strategies to involve undergraduates in alumni engagement efforts throughout their student experience.
• Identifies new and creative ways to regionally engage young alumni as well as ways to encourage attendance at events on campus
• Leverages existing events to facilitate and bolster alumni engagement.
• Serves as a lead designer for event registration pages, static web pages, and calendar listings.
• Assists with the creation and scheduling of email communications. Understands social media and uses various platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube to communicate to the student and young alumni audiences
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in alumni engagement or related field.
- Strong professional, interpersonal, team and leadership skills; tactfulness and flexibility in working with diverse population groups.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to represent University Advancement and the University professionally both internally and externally.
- Strong knowledge of and comfortable with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Word and Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and adhere to strict schedules for multiple projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and efficient. Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change. Demonstrated creative and strategic-thinking qualities a plus. Ability to work independently, get projects done by enlisting the cooperation of others and manage details.
- Available for evening and weekend work as required. Ability to travel domestically.
- Knowledge of volunteer management in a higher education or nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with Advance (or comparable donor and information management system) is highly desirable. Experience with Cvent database desirable.
- An aptitude for and commitment to learning new systems and applications is preferred.
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.