Assistant Director, McNair Scholars Program
McNair Scholars Program
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of the McNair Scholars Program. This full-time position will assist the Director in coordinating the McNair Scholars Program. This is a federally funded grant with two years remaining with a possibility of renewal for five more years. We have been continuously funded for 17 years.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Advise and counsel McNair scholars on academic progress necessary for graduate school admission, graduate application process, selection of graduate school, GRE preparation, and graduate school issues.
- Work closely with McNair faculty mentors and potential mentors and McNair STEM faculty advisors.
- Work closely with Academic Counseling and Support Programs Director to find tutors for McNair scholars.
- Work closely with the University of Texas Director of the Intellectual Entrepreneurial Program and doctoral student mentors.
- Develop and maintain a database of research opportunities at other universities.
- Assist Director in organizing and administering an eight-week summer research program and presentation symposium.
- Assist Director with developing fall and spring program calendar and making arrangements for multiple events including weekly seminars and annual events.
- Oversee the management of the McNair office.
- Assist in planning and implementation of the annual recruitment of McNair scholars.
- Assist with organization and supervision of student travel to conferences and graduate school visits.
- Travel for staff training and with students to McNair conferences.
- Oversee maintenance of database and paper-based grant documentation and student records.
- Assist in preparing Annual Performance Review to the Department of Education.
- Track and maintain contact with McNair scholar alumni.
- Assist in the evaluation of the McNair program.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring program marketing for campus advertising and promotional materials.
- Maintain updated data on scholar and alumni accomplishments.
- Oversee maintenance of SEU McNair Scholars Program web page.
- Assist with the maintenance of SEU McNair Scholars Program social media platforms.
- Stay abreast of US Department of Education federal guidelines pertaining to the administration of the McNair grant.
- Assist with day to day accounting processing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For consideration, a M.A. in education or related field required. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Three years of experience in working with economically disadvantaged students in a higher education setting strongly desired. Knowledge of StudentAccess, ExCEL and Qualtrics software strongly desired. Knowledge of National Student Clearinghouse desired. Prior experience working with economically disadvantaged youth. Must be willing to travel several times a year. Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff. Demonstrated commitment to McNair Scholars Program mission. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202020
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.