Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
SENIOR MANAGER OF INTERNSHIP AND PLACEMENT | COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
American University of Sharjah
The purpose of the Senior Manager of Internship and Placement is to assist students with internship placement and offer relevant executive education opportunities to corporate partners.
Employer Relations and Internships
- Grow employer and corporate partner networks through outreach activities and branding.
- Act as point of contact for new employers, partners and any inquiries for internships and careers.
- Manage the accounts of the employer, government and corporate partner networks including maintaining a database of contacts, access to relevant systems and activity status.
- Develop positive relationships with employers and sourcing internships, full-time jobs and graduate internships for our students. Explore other business synergies between the college and industry partners.
- Identify and secure local and international, physical (and virtual) internship opportunities.
- Facilitate recruitment, through job postings on the career services system and provision of candidate profiles to employers.
- Organize and manage college recruitment events such as career fairs, company days on campus, interview sessions, class visits and other relevant events.
- Monitor and ensure quality of internship process and placement at the college level.
- Facilitate communication with employers while students are on internship.
- Educate employers on the requirements of our internship program and collaboration in developing relevant job profiles.
- Produce employer guide and other relevant information material aimed to employers to market our services, internship program, students and graduates.
- Liaise between employers and college departments.
- Develop a plan of employer/recruiter engagement activities such as invitations to recruitment and college-related events, special advisory board, masterclasses, and other activities within the college.
Student Career Services
- Provide career advising and guidance to students through consultation and other activities.
- Develop and deliver a career preparation course to students.
- Manage the career services system, including monitoring of job postings and student profile status.
- Collaborate with faculty advisors on internship requirements and job profiles per major.
- Maintain database and inform students for recruitment events on and off campus.
- Oversee online presence of the CEN office including content for webpages.
- Manage social media pages and news highlights.
- Capture and manage relevant data.
- Report on fresh graduates’ employment records as well as internship placements.
- Participate in employment-related events and conferences, staying up to date with employment trends and the future of work.
- Contribute to college-wide reports as required.
- Collaborate with college stakeholders (faculty members, Dean, Associate Dean and others) on industry partnerships, internships and graduate employment.
- Collaborate with university stakeholders such as the Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs and the Office of Strategic Marketing and Communications.
- Keep up-to-date alumni database for placement and internship opportunities.
- Develop business models for new markets, attract new clients and develop new program initiatives, increasing the revenue stream, visibility and branding of the college.
- Lead and manage corporate relations with partnering institutions and stakeholders.
- Manage key client accounts (of public and private organizations) of executive and professional education programs.
- Engage with external clients and participate in on-site and off-site meetings to promote programs and increase sales.
- Manage and coordinate on-going programs, and work with relevant actors (internal staff and external) to execute contracts, safeguarding quality standards.
- Prepare and coordinate new custom program activities, such as draft proposals, budgets, requests for resources, among other documents, and take necessary actions to ensure all documents are completed and submitted on time.
- Maintain detailed records on all documentation relating to clients, contracts, budgets and financials, locations, invoicing, faculty member time and remunerations, and review of financial reports.
- Measure the value and effectiveness of the executive and professional education programs by establishing KPIs.
- Provide strategic input for the marketing, communication and brand development initiatives to enhance market visibility.
- Conduct research, benchmarking and analysis on existing local, regional and international competition to identify new business opportunities, and enhance presence in already existing markets.
- Produce quarterly and year end reports for senior management.
- Other duties as requested by the Dean.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ability to independently perform the tasks below as is normally acquired by completion of a bachelor’s degree and five to seven years of experience involving career advising, marketing and corporate relations.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships With Corporate Contacts — Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with corporate contacts for internship placement and executive education marketing purposes and maintaining relationship over time.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish college priorities for internship placement and executive education marketing.
- Scheduling Work and Activities — Ability to coordinate events, programs and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Developing Objectives and Strategies — Ability to establish long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Training and Teaching Others — Ability to identify the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, or placing in appropriate educational environment.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and market via written, oral and visual media.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com mentioning the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
Should your candidacy for employment be successful, you must provide documentation of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you will be able to access academic or administrative areas at AUS. Due to the time it takes to become fully vaccinated, you may want to begin that process as soon as possible if you haven't already.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. Opportunities for employment are based solely upon one’s qualifications.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |