Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Chief Financial Officer, UBMD Pediatrics
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Department of Pediatrics, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, is looking for a Chief Financial Officer for UBMD Pediatrics.
As a strategic business partner, the CFO is responsible for directing the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community. In collaboration with the Department Chair, the CFO provides insight and recommendations to both short & long term growth of the organization and is also responsible for the oversight of matters relating to the administrative and strategic direction on UBMD Pediatrics. Will be the liaison with outside auditors, insurance companies, pension & benefit groups, the administration team at Kaleida Health, Catholic Health System, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and the University at Buffalo.
- Responsible for planning, preparing, and monitoring departmental and division operating budgets.
- Oversight of all financial statements including cash, accrual, & quarterly filing with the University of Buffalo.
- Oversight of billing operations to insure the continuity of revenue.
- Management of physician recruiting, contracting and negotiating, and establish the reporting structure and tracking to communicate with Division Chiefs.
- Coordinate financial activities with outside interests.
- Responsible for monitoring of department’s University special purpose, clinical trials, and research accounts.
Strategy & Performance:
- Managing priority project portfolios: alignment to strategy, budget, resources, return on investment.
- Evaluate departments and make recommendations for changing processes, strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion with input from Chair and Division Chiefs.
- Integration of revenue cycle and reimbursement into financial strategy.
- Comply with established policies and procedures set forth by department and/or University.
- Cycle activities within the established guidelines/policies and procedures; continually monitor and identify problems or areas of concern; implement necessary changes to enhance the revenue cycle.
- Experience in risk management and compliance.
- Make decisions related to hiring, firing, and training for employees who directly impact the financial / accounting/ billing performance of the practice.
- Make recommendations/ decisions related to employees’ benefit packages, compensation, bonuses, sign-up bonuses, and relocation reimbursement.
- Participate in pivotal decisions and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives, and recommendations.
Communication, Partnerships & Working Relationships:
- Communicate, engage, and interact with the Chair, Board of Directors, and other relevant management members.
- Maintain negotiations with health care systems.
- Philanthropic development, fundraising, and grant writing.
- Coordinate activities with clinical departments to improve processes, resolve problems and enhance communication
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- MBA and/or CPA required
- BA in accounting and/ or finance
- 10 years of experience in healthcare management environment or equivalent
- A senior management or relevant position in healthcare institution required
Extensive knowledge of physician reimbursement issues preferred
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |