Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Senior Network Engineer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Senior Network Engineer
Network and Security
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Operations, the Senior provide support to the satisfactory operation of the WPI network infrastructure, including LAN and WAN, and facilitate its use by members of the WPI community.
- Maintain the data network system including switches, routers, and wireless access points.
- Maintain and document data wiring and fiber infrastructure.
- Update and maintain network databases, documentation, inventory, monitoring applications, and IP address management (IPAM).
- Document the data network including topology, connections, and appropriate billing information.
- Collaborate with Service Desk and other departments in the escalation and resolution of data network error conditions.
- Assist the Network Architect in planning, design and execution of network and related projects
- Provide end-user support for communications and connectivity issues.
- Oversee and resolve standard requests including adds/moves/changes and wireless connectivity.
- Assist physical plant renovations as they relate to the voice, data, and video CATV infrastructure.
- Ensure the network is capable of 24/7 connectivity for critical uses
- Oversee and coordinate the student network assistants.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related degree, or a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Experience with network hardware, cabling, and network management software including experience in network troubleshooting.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- A thorough knowledge of Ethernet, wireless Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS protocols.
- Experience or certification with Juniper Networks routing and switching preferable.
- Experience with Aruba Networks wireless portfolio and Clearpass preferable.
- Experience with Efficient IP or other IPAM/DDI systems preferred.
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl or similar).
- Ability to communicate clearly with all WPI community members and affiliates.
- Palo Alto firewalls experience is preferred.
- Experience with core routing protocols that include MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Senior-Network-Engineer_R0000450
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |