Provides architectural management, support, and oversight of project scopes, budgets, contracts, designs, bidding, construction and compliance with codes and standards, and day-to-day operational and tactical aspects associated with various projects and facilities.
- Performs architectural design functions by preparing schematics, working drawings, and specifications for projects of a complex nature.
- Coordinates projects to include scheduling, budgeting, monitoring cost and resolving client issues.
- Selects and manages the services of architects, engineers, and consultants.
- Performs periodic construction inspections and prepares and distributes reports to appropriate personnel.
- Collects data for use in the formulation of university design standards and maintains approved design criteria and/or code compliance requirements.
- Coordinates and oversees the design and production of drawings and specifications with each of the required disciplines within the department.
- Coordinates with other units, internal and external, to receive and distribute estimates and bids of construction costs for user/client approval.