Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Vice President, Human Resources/Chief Human Resources Officer
Utah Valley University
Associate Vice President, Human Resources/Chief Human Resources Officer
Utah Valley University is seeking an Associate Vice President for Human Resources/Chief Human Resource Officer (AVPHR/CHRO) to provide leadership for UVU's human resource functions including employee recruitment/talent acquisition, hiring, onboarding, performance management, training and career development, compensation, benefits, recognition, retention, employee relations and organizational development, compliance, policy, information systems, and reporting. The AVPHR/CHRO is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, assessing, and improving UVU's HR efforts in support of the overall mission of the university. Reporting to and working closely with the Vice President for Planning, Budget and Human Resources, this individual serves on the President's Council and other leadership bodies.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with a collaborative leadership team to advance UVU's mission by developing, implementing, and executing university-wide human resource programs and services to attract, engage, develop, reward, and retain high quality faculty, staff, and administrators. The AVPHR/CHRO, in collaboration with the Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer (CIDO), leads institutional initiatives focused on recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that is committed to and skilled at fostering equitable and inclusive working and learning environments. This individual, in coordination with the Office of General Counsel, ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree or professional or other advanced degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely-related field and at least seven years of professional work experience in a human resource management role OR a bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or closely-related field and at least ten years of professional work experience in a human resource management role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, and laws of human resource management including position classification, salary/benefits administration, recruitment and hiring practices, selection procedures, training and development, employee relations, policy development/interpretation, organizational development, performance management, and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations, and other Human Resource regulatory compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource data collection, analysis, reporting, and records management including compensation, benchmarking, benefits, etc.
- Knowledge of practices related to recruiting diverse applicant pools, supporting inclusive hiring practices, and developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Demonstrated skill in initiating and leading continuous improvement including planning, implementing, and evaluating human resource programs and services
- Strong negotiation skills to formulate policies and programs and arrive collaboratively at solutions with stakeholders, colleagues, and team members
- Demonstrated skill as a collaborative leader with the ability to foster consensus and commitment to achieve goals and objectives aligned with the universitys mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including effectively conveying complex information simply and presenting information to individuals and/or groups to inform, educate, and persuade
- Demonstrated skill in conflict management/resolution and employee relations
- Demonstrated proficiency in HR practices in each functional area of a Human Resources DepartmentTalent/Compensation/Benefits, HRIS and Records, and Employee Relations/Organizational Development
- Demonstrated ability to engage and lead a team of human resources professionals by providing a vision and actionable strategies that allows individuals to optimally perform individual responsibilities, professionally develop, and achieve HR team goals
- Strong personal and professional commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds and groups representing numerous perspectives and interests
- Demonstrated ability to advise and influence leaders and effectively contribute subject matter expertise that facilitates informed decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, persuasively, and credibly with a wide range of audiences including faculty, staff, administrators, students, job applicants, and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and accomplish goals and achieve timely and high-quality results
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead innovative HR solutions and technology
- Demonstrated ability to lead with both a decisive and consultative style, foster open communications and trust, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- PHR/SPHR Certification, SHRM/SHRM-CP Certification, HRCI Certification, or WorldatWork certification
- Demonstrated success leading a human resource department within higher education or other complex organization
- Professional experience in employee relations, performance management, classification/compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and training/career development
- Experience in higher education at an accredited four-year institution
- Supervisory and management experience including strategic budget development and fiscal management.
M-F 8 AM 5 PM and other hours as needed.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9185
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |