Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
International Partnerships Manager, India (4510U) -
University of California, Berkeley
International Partnerships Manager, India (4510U) -
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 24, 2019
This is a key role, working closely with the Director of Global Outreach at UC Berkeley Extension's International Programs, in the delivery of the Director's recruitment strategy, with a particular and immediate focus on the recruitment of international students and development of current and new markets. The post holder is responsible for helping execute in-country activities to achieve international student recruitment targets, developing existing and future international target markets and ensuring a smooth and effective integration with the International Programs admissions process.
- Works with the Director of Global Outreach to translate the international strategy into integrated operational plans and action points which will serve as his/her deliverables; monitor and evaluate performance against agreed targets and timely reporting of progress of results and outcomes for international student recruitment and partnership development.
- Performs complex recruitment activities to generate business and identify new recruitment markets and channels, ensuring continual development of new business and sustainability of existing channels.
- Recruit students overseas, including attendance at fairs and events through the development and execution of an integrated plan with associated targets. Plan and carry out comprehensive recruitment trips overseas. This includes developing relationships with appropriate university, organization and industry partners.
- Post-holder will be responsible for developing key relationships and prospects in India.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the recruitment program, considering general college admissions/enrollment goals, financial aid/scholarships, number of UC Berkeley applicants, acceptance rate, and graduation rate from the University.
- May mentor less-experienced staff members; structures their activity and performance
- Assists management in the design and implementation of admissions programs.
- Oversees the design, planning and implementation of a specific application review and selection process.
- Prepares strategy and plans for recruitment drives programs. Manages and directs of a network of agents to support recruitment activity
- Reviews most difficult and complex admissions cases, provides assistance to experienced admissions specialists.
- Evaluates effectiveness of admissions and/or recruitment programs and makes recommendations for recruitment strategy to enhance yield.
- For undergraduates, makes final determination of transfer-ability of international course work.
- Represents college/school/department or campus as it relates to specialist's specific area of expertise and provides guidance to other specialists in that area of expertise, such as international admissions or articulation agreements. Acts as an ambassador and representative of UC Berkeley Extension internationally, at recruitment events, external functions and the like
- Manages the process of developing articulation agreements between Berkeley and colleges/universities.
- Documents and communicates transfer course equivalencies.
- Evaluates and recommends fellowship and scholarship awards for admitted applicants.
- Advanced knowledge of project management including program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of UC Berkeley, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges/universities and specifically at UC Berkeley.
- Advanced knowledge of tertiary level foreign credentials, secondary school records, study abroad programs and policies, and the knowledge of major educational systems of the world.
- Advanced ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
- Advanced ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
- Advanced knowledge of admissions requirements for campus/school/college, including mitigating circumstances/bases for exceptions.
- Advanced skills to develop the school's/college's strategic recruitment plans, designing outreach and recruitment programs and materials that will attract and enroll top candidates to the school/college, including students from under-represented groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to effectively work as a team member
- Ability to anticipate, identify and address problems and/or conflicts proactively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Knowledge of software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet and database management
- Knowledge of admission requirements and international application process
- Knowledge of budget planning and financial management
- Experience operating in overseas environments
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Master's degree in relevant field preferred
- At least four years' experience international students for a US university
- Experience developing recruitment plans and budgets
- Experience cultivating and managing large numbers of potential students and providers through databases
- Experience working successfully with marketing, enrollment, and student support units within a university
- Experience working in India strongly preferred, as well as in the Middle East
Salary & Benefits
- Previous work experience in India and/or Middle East.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is one-year contract position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27033&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |