As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a director of Fraternitas to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by creating, organizing, and implementing innovative programming to support Catholic fathers. The director will be deeply rooted in the Catholic tradition, and, from that tradition, engage fathers, church leaders, and other constituents to foster Christian parenting and caregiving. This will be achieved through the creation of Fraternitas Camps, Houses, and a mobile App.
Fraternitas is a “start-up” ministry. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and have a joy-filled missionary spirit. The candidate will be creative, highly organized, opportunity focused, and seek out collaboration. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of and experience with the opportunities and challenges facing Christian fathers. While the ideal candidate does not need a programming or software design background to manage App development, they must be tech-savvy.
Fraternitas is created through the generous funding of Lilly Endowment. The position is fully funded through July 2028 with the goal of continuing the program after the grant period has ended. The selected candidate will be supported by a project specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Fraternitas App: Lead the development, implementation, ongoing improvement, and marketing of a Catholic app for fathers in collaboration with a third-party developer. (50% of responsibilities)
- Fraternitas Camps: Work with third-party to provide an energizing, relationship-building for Catholic fathers and their children, which will deepen their bonds through faith sharing. (20% of responsibilities)
- Fraternitas Houses: Organize local chapters of Fraternitas to foster brotherhood among fathers and help them cultivate Christian habits of the household through plug-in-play resources. (20% of responsibilities)
- Additional responsibilities and other duties as assigned (10% of responsibilities)