Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Grant Management (REPOST)
Director of Grant Management (REPOST)
Starting salary range is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position works collaboratively with the Vice Presidents, Executive Directors, Deans, and Directors to identify institutional needs in the college's strategic plan and mission that can be supported by external funding opportunities. Responsible for researching funding opportunities, developing competitive proposals with external and internal stakeholders, and coordinating grant writing assignments with other grant writers including those on contract. Responsible for providing expertise, guidance, and oversight to grant managers and principal investigators on fiscal, programmatic, and reporting requirements of each funding source while maintaining a compliant, audit-ready project. This position will also ensure the successful implementation of all awarded grants, serving as a grant manager either in the interim or for the duration of the project.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving in managing the Resource Development Office, making decisions for the department, developing operational plans, and setting goals.
- Supervise Grant Writer/Alumni Relations and Administrative Secretary.
- Supervises indirectly all Grant Project Directors in regard to compliance.
- Co-manage departmental budget.
- Serve as the institution's Authorized Organization Representative for grants.
- Serve as the compliance manager for all federal, state, and private funding.
- Identify and research federal, state, and private grant opportunities that align and support the mission and strategic plan of the institution.
- Coordinate, manage, and lead grant development teams that include key internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and analyze data that supports the need for the project.
- Write, edit and submit institutional grant proposals that are comprehensive, accurate, executable, and sustainable.
- Oversight of all post-award activities of grants and contracts, including sub-recipient awards, to assure both institutional and governmental compliance of fiscal, programmatic, and reporting measures from award notification to grant close-out.
- Informs new project directors on internal policies and procedures, fiscal and reporting responsibilities, and the rules and regulations of the funder.
- Review and negotiate the terms and conditions of grant contracts/agreements.
- Act as the liaison between the college and federal, state and private agencies.
- Act as a point of contact with external partners on grant compliance and management issues.
- Provide expertise, guidance, support, and evaluation for colleagues pursuing grant opportunities, ensuring accuracy, completion, and timely submission.
- Provide regular grant performance feedback to supervisors of grant project directors.
- Ensure that the partnering college's grant staff provides information and data in a timely manner and that Lee College is providing reports, invoices, and other material in a correct format as required to fiscal agent partners.
- Develop and conduct in-house grant project director training.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal, project processes to ensure compliance with relevant College and grant-related rules and regulations. (i.e., eligibility, purchasing; equipment inventory; closing documents).
- Work with grant accountants to ensure financial compliance and budget monitoring.
- Schedule, prioritize, and finalize grant assignments to grant contractors and grant writers.
- Maintain centralized grants office including an accurate and comprehensive reporting and tracking system for all grants awarded to the college.
- Participate and support Resource Development activities such as Gala, Scholarship Breakfast, Industry reception, Alumni events, and others as outlined by the administration.
Collaboration with partners
- Build and maintain key relationships with college staff/instructions, and community resources.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree
- Three (3) years of grant writing experience, including federal, state, and private
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience creating and managing federal budgets, interpreting funding source guidelines, and interpreting federal grant regulations
- Proof of successful project management and/or grant proposal writing experience
- Must possess organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects timely and effectively
- Must be flexible to meet hard deadlines
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to initiate, establish, and maintain both internal and external partnerships
- Must have an impeccable reputation with regard to ethics and integrity
- Must have a positive attitude about work, ability to motivate and empower employees
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other applicable software with the ability to navigate the internet successfully
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience working in higher education
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7081
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |