Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director Of Undergraduate Admission
Director Of Undergraduate AdmissionJob Description
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks applicants for a Director of Undergraduate Admissions. Reporting to the Executive Director for Enrollment Management (EDEM), the Director serves on the leadership team for the Enrollment, Marketing and Communications Division and is responsible for overseeing the recruitment and admissions of all undergraduate students to Marian University. This key position will manage the office of undergraduate admission as well as help direct a well-planned and analytically supported undergraduate enrollment strategic initiatives with the goal of growing enrollments, creating a strong and sustainable enrollment future, and building the Marian University brand. The director will assist the EDEM in developing and successfully executing a strategic enrollment management plan that will support the enrollment goals set forth for the office of undergraduate admission. Success in this position will be determined by the ability meet or exceed first time full time (FTFT) enrollment goals. The Director is also responsible for oversight of the admission operation, with supervision of all admission counselors including international and transfer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Oversee first year recruitment, transfer recruitment, accepted student days and campus visits.
- Provide day-to-day oversight, hire, train and mentor associate/assistant directors, admissions counselors, and student ambassadors, establishing priorities.
- Work with EDEM to manage the undergraduate admission including planning and administration.
- Own established targets and assist in the development and implementation a robust enrollment plan needed to achieve undergraduate goals.
- Collaborate with RNL in planning, executing, and monitoring an effective recruitment plan, ensuring coordination efforts.
- Develop relationships and communication with department chairs in the academic departments; work collaboratively to drive enrollment goals for each program; serve as the point person to liaise with departments within the academic units as it relates to admissions, enrollment, and recruitment.
- Collaborate with the director of graduate admission.
- Lead effective coordination and execution of all internal and external events such as open houses, college fairs, other recruiting events.
- In coordination with the marketing and communications (M&C) and academic departments, help to create a robust, targeted communication plan using multi-channel communication with the leads/inquiries and successfully execute it.
- Work with the enrollment operations department, and the CRM system to ensure all marketing collateral/websites are current and relevant.
- Expertise in using data and conducting analysis to enhance/recalibrate recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and increase operational efficiency.
- Work closely with the director of financial aid in building competitive scholarship packages to maximize yield.
- Ensure the admissions staff are trained and proficient in using CRM to assist them in their recruitment/yield work.
- Ensure that the admission office adheres to institutional policies and procedures, federal and state regulations, and the ethical standards of the NACAC and other professional associations.
- Effectively use data to assess strategy and priorities.
- Liaise with extracurricular and co-curricular partners (i.e., coaches/athletics, 21st Century Scholars, San Damiano Scholars, music, etc.) to facilitate and enhance transfer student recruitment
- Assist the EDEM with analysis of recruitment data
- Manage the admissions processes and conduct interviews as needed
- Create and update admission and program documents
- Represent the Admission Office at community events as required
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening, and weekends during peak times.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the year.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policies and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students, subordinates, and supervisors
- 5-7 years of undergraduate admission experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Exceptional communication, organizational, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret recruitment and enrollment data, professional journals, etc.
- Ability to present data
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License without restrictions
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Midwestern rankings to be named #6 Most Innovative Regional University, #15 Best Value University, and #30 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, a cover letter, and names and contact information of three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |