Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Strategic Planning & Events
Old Dominion University
The Director for Strategic Planning and Special Events is responsible for the strategic planning, coordination of day-to-day operations that support projects and programs, benchmarks, oversee marketing, sales and promotions for the Priority Club and Scholarship Lounge and reach assigned sales goals, and coordinate scheduling with Special Events Manager.
Master’s degree in business or related field required. Or a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study with prior work experience equivalent to a master’s degree in a related field.
- Considerable knowledge of event management/facilities operation to including scheduling, logistical management, and customer service.
- Considerable knowledgeable of contract management, business office operations, project management, financial management.
- Prior working knowledge of auxiliary services and best practices and trends in higher education leadership and administration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize and handle multiple projects with coinciding deadlines.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Proficient skill in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, desktop publishing, ERP and financial software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a complex network of relationships with multiple partners on and off-campus.
- Demonstrated cultural competence with the ability to lead in a dynamic community with a diverse student body.
- Prior working experience in event management/facilities operations including scheduling, logistical management, and customer service.
- Prior working experience developing effective partnerships and working in a collaborative manner.
- Prior working experience negotiating and managing contracts/writing RFP’s, business office operations, project management, financial management, risk management, and other related experience.
- Considerable experience in event management/facilities operations within higher education.
- Considerable experience negotiating and managing contracts/writing RFP’s and developing effective business relationships.
Conditions of Employment
This position is limited to a restricted one-year appointment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |