Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an immediate opening for an
Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and External Relations, the Associate Dean of Student Affairs has overall supervision and administration of all programs and services provided by RVU's Office of Student Affairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for all matters concerning student welfare, advancement and discipline to ensure that students receive academic support and guidance, professional mentorship, personal and professional counseling, career development, appropriate physical and mental health care, and other services as needed and that students remain compliant with the policies and procedures of the university.
2. Supervises and directs the Office of Student Affairs team for all RVU locations and programs. Develops and monitors the Student Affairs budget. Leads regularly scheduled meetings with program staff to enhance communication.
3. In collaboration with the Deans/Program Directors, evaluates and addresses concerns regarding student behavior and compliance with university and college policies and Code of Conduct, referring the cases as indicated to the Administration and the Student Performance Committee. The Associate Dean of Student Affairs shall be an ex officio member of the Student Performance Committee, the Chair of the Students at Academic Risk Committee, and the non-voting Chair of the Student Honor Code Committee.
4. Assures effective and efficient delivery of student services in accordance with institutional goals, college policies and professional standards.
5. Constructs and conducts surveys, needs assessments and evaluations of student needs, satisfaction with administration, faculty, services and academic offerings as a component of the annual report to the VP of EM and the Board of Trustees.
6. Ensures that institutional policies are in compliance with government regulations impacting students and that institutional mandates and requirements are met and applied.
7. Maintains standards for student behavior recommend disciplinary actions as necessary and document all student failures to comply with established policy and procedures.
8. In coordination with the Deans and Program Directors, provide initial review of any student absences and all requests from students for a leave of absence, voluntary withdrawal, or transfer and recommend action to the Dean, Program Director or his/her designee. Provide direct counseling and guidance to any student facing dismissal for academic or disciplinary reasons.
9. Serves on College Committees and attend to other projects/duties assigned by the VP of EM. Attends national and local student affairs and other professional conferences to advance professional skills and services to RVU students.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
2. Demonstrate time management skills and organizational skills.
3. Ability to delegate.
4. Ability to problem-solve.
5. Knowledge of University and College Policy and Procedures.
6. Knowledge of student services and activities.
7. Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
1. Terminal Degree.
2. Five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in higher education administrative student services or admissions.
3. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities.
4. Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
1. Previous experience at a Health Professions College or University.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.