Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director of Annual Giving and Donor Experience Officer, NIU Foundation (4655)
Northern Illinois University
At Northern Illinois University Foundation, our vision is to develop, support and encourage a culture of giving throughout the NIU community that will allow it to flourish and accomplish NIU’s goal of becoming the most student-centered public research university in the Midwest. The Associate Director, Annual Giving/Donor Experience Officer will embody the Foundation’s value of helping donors discover the join in making a difference through their philanthropy while making an everlasting impact at Northern Illinois University.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mentality and commitment to achieve ambitious goals and demonstrates extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on engaged listening.
The Associate Director, Annual Giving/Donor Experience Officer (DXO) works as part of a high-performing, donor-centered team responsible for assisting the NIU Foundation achieve its leadership annual giving goals. Using a suite of technological tools, this position is responsible for developing personal relationships with an assigned portfolio of current and former annual giving donors that result in renewed or increased support to the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
40% – Donor Engagement and Solicitation
- Demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving. Provide information on university developments and programs relative to their interests. Share upcoming opportunities to attend events, volunteer, participate in activities/services, or otherwise deepen their engagement with NIU.
- Solicit donors to make new gifts, renew or upgrade. Promote philanthropic opportunities, such as university and college giving priorities, crowdfunding projects, Huskies United
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges to donors’ on-line giving and engagement experience and work with appropriate colleagues to address
- Generate and refer major and planned gift leads to appropriate team members.
30% - Portfolio Management
- Manage a portfolio of 1,000 current, lapsed and prospective leadership annual giving donors. Cultivate relationships with these donors via email, phone, social media, video conferencing, texting, and EverTrue’s cloud platform.
- Execute monthly and quarterly touchpoint cadences across portfolio to ensure consistent and relevant donor communication
- Provide regular progress reports on prospect identification and qualification. Complete and file reports of all contacts and proposals in a timely manner.
- Apply data analytics to develop and execute strategies to make initial contact with current and prospective donors.
30% – Campus Engagement and Collaboration
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of the university, such as admissions, athletics, colleges, and continuing education through cross-campus networking. Establish resource hub of relevant content to share with donors.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Communications, Gift Planning and Athletics teams as part of a comprehensive multi-channel marketing program, including direct mail, email, social media and phone channels.
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
Minimum Required Qualifications (SPS)
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Previous experience working with a higher education institution;
- Project coordination experience.
Additional Requirements (SPS)
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans to deliver results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a diverse donor base.
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on engaged listening, and success working in a team setting.
- Results-oriented, quality-driven and team-oriented.
- Ability to analyze substantial amounts of statistical data and report findings.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mentality. A high-level of integrity, focus and commitment to achieve ambitious goals is essential.
- Strong customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to work patiently, persuasively, and effectively with a wide variety of people, including students, faculty, staff, donors, and alumni.
- Ability to synthesize multiple sources of information.
Preferred Qualifications (SPS)
- Experience calling, conducting face-to-face appointments, managing relationships, creating and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of client/donor relationship or sales-related activities.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university and the mission of the foundation.
- Driven and hard working.
- Ability to translate relationship building beyond individuals to building relationships with corporations and private foundations.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |