Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion & Wellness Initiatives, the Assistant Director of Health Promotion & Wellness Initiatives collaborates with the Director to implements strategic initiatives and provides oversight for the daily operations of Health Promotion Wellness Services (HPWS). Supervises, manages, and evaluates professional staff members. Oversees the alcohol and drug prevention and intervention initiatives.
1. Manages the daily operations of Health Promotion Wellness Services (HPWS) to ensure bystander prevention, healthy relationship programming and substance use services function effectively and efficiently. Ensures all policies and procedures are maintained and followed, and ensure HPWS meets the needs of Auburn University’s student body as they related to health and wellness. Supervises, manages, and evaluates professional staff members and multiple graduate students.
2. Provides administrative supervision and leadership to the alcohol and drug intervention efforts, including meeting with individual students as appropriate. Identifies and solves operational challenges as they arise. Analyzes various data sets in order to implement new programming and make recommendations to enhance current offerings.
3. Leads the Auburn Prevention Coalition (APC) to implement environmental prevention programming.
4. Develops and coordinates effective educational outreach, marketing, and training strategies and materials.
5. Collaborates with other campus partners to implement and develop prevention and education programming.
6. Assumes all responsibilities and leadership of HPWS in the absence of the director.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.