Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director President's Office Board Support
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Associate Director President's Office Board Support
Chief of Staff
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI is seeking an administrative leader for the role of Associate Director, President's Office and Board Administration. This role serves as a liaison on operational matters between the President's Office and all levels of management and other employees within the University, as well as external constituents including local, regional and national politicians, various individuals, boards, corporations and other higher education institutions. Reporting to the Associate Vice President/Chief of Staff, the Associate Director will bring leadership, personal integrity, ethical management and professionalism in leading operations for the Office of the President and providing administrative support to the Board of Trustees. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for the seamless operation of the President's activities.
- Provide senior administrative support for the President's Management Council and other task forces as assigned.
- Support the President's participation in daily activities, including generating briefings and, in coordination with divisional hosts, drafting talking points.
- Oversee President's electronic mail, written correspondence and invitations to internal and external events, reviewing opportunities with both the President and AVP/Chief of Staff and responding appropriately.
- Manage the President's office website and multiple social media platforms.
- Work closely with University Advancement staff on the President's Advancement travel plans and arrangements.
- Manage the President's and University-level sponsorships and key community engagements in collaboration with the AVP/Chief of Staff
- Provide professional atmosphere and assure courteous and efficient handling of contacts with the President's Office to individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Support the AVP/Chief of Staff in managing Strategic Planning and annual budgeting processes.
- Plan and execute all logistics related to successful campus events sponsored by the Office of the President and work closely with the President's Events Manager to coordinate events at the President's residence.
- Perform tasks associated with special projects, as assigned with broad definition by the President and the AVP/Chief of Staff.
- In partnership with the AVP/Chief of Staff and SVP/General Counsel, provide administrative support to WPI's Board of Trustees activities, including: coordinating pre-board planning meetings, ensuring committee agendas and supporting documents are prepared and submitted in advance of Trustee meetings.
- Prepare and maintain online portal containing all agendas, records and minutes of the Board of Trustee meetings.
- In partnership with Presidential Events Manager, coordinate all logistics for Board of Trustee Meetings including travel arrangements, meal planning and lodging for routine and special meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Trustees.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Facilitate new Trustee communications, onboarding and orientation.
- Maintain historical files of Board of Trustees and files on individual Trustees.
- Assist individual Trustees with campus engagement as needed.
- Perform related duties as necessary to support the Office of the President.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five to eight years of successful experience providing senior level administrative and operational support to a President, CEO, senior executive or administrator, or relevant experience in an institution of higher education, corporate or non-profit organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including faculty, staff, trustees, external partners and donors providing positive customer service.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills including preparing, reviewing, editing and disseminating financial information.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director-President-s-Office-Board-Support_R0002223-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |