The Assistant Athletic Director of Development is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high level annual fund and major gift prospects. They will manage a prospect portfolio of major gift prospect/donors and be responsible for effectively moving prospects/donors through the fundraising process. The Assistant Athletics Director of Development will be highly involved in the Denton and greater Metroplex communities. The Assistant Athletic Director of Development will also be responsible for his or her performance as a member of the Mean Green Scholarship Fund Team and representative of University Advancement.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
- Ability to mentor and coach colleagues or direct reports.
- Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.