Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Annual Giving
University of San Francisco
Director, Annual Giving
Established as San Francisco's first institution of higher education in 1855, the University of San Francisco (USF) is deeply embedded in the intellectual, spiritual, and cultural life of one of the most innovative, diverse, and dynamic cities in the world. In October 2019 USF entered into the public phase of the Changing the World from Here comprehensive campaign (www.usfca.edu/campaign).
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Director of Annual Giving will plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate a comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable growth in donor count and annual operational support for USF. Direct reports include: an Associate Director of Annual Giving, three to four Special Giving Officers, and a Program Assistant.
Full Job Description:
The Annual Giving Director will develop and execute a comprehensive annual giving program to raise renewable operational support, with a specific focus on increasing alumni participation, donor count and unrestricted revenue.
The Director of Annual Giving will:
- Lead and manage the Annual Giving program:
- Hire, train, mentor, appraise, and direct staff.
- Manage staff and project assignments and opportunities for professional growth.
- Supervise daily operations to ensure progress toward annual and campaign targets.
- Coordinate a calendar of annual solicitations that includes deployment of strategy across multi-channels and volunteer management.
- Analyze and leverage data to increase gift revenue, donor count, donor upgrades, and donor acquisition.
- Develop and deploy solicitations that maximize response rates and overall giving.
- Oversee strategy and execution of the Ruffalo-managed phonathon program.
- Partner with departments throughout development and the Marketing Communication division to maximize giving opportunities and visibility.
- Collaborate with the four schools, the college, the library, Parent Relations, Athletics and other campus partners as appropriate and coordinate mail, email, and phone appeal schedules to achieve development goals across the University.
- Partner with the data analytics team in Development Services to ensure purposeful segmentation and meaningful evaluation regarding the success and cost effectiveness of annual fundraising efforts.
- Provide regular analysis and status reports to the Vice President, Development leadership team, Development division and the Trustee Development Committee.
- Manage the Annual Giving budget and approve purchases.
- Partner with major, and planned gift officers to coordinate strategies and develop the donor pipeline.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of four years related experience, with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Understanding and support for the mission and Jesuit Catholic mission of USF.
- Thorough understanding of development and annual giving best practices.
- Success in utilizing data to make decisions and an understanding of data analytics best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively and supportively with colleagues.
- Adherence to deadlines, outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated success in working with donors on annual gifts.
- Experience utilizing and leveraging fundraising database programs.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Director--Annual-Giving_R0002522.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |