Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Vice President Student Accounts
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Students accounts is responsible for providing leadership and direction in a complex and fast-faced environment for the Office of Student Accounts. This challenging role is tasked with coordinating efforts of the unit in conjunction with the Enrollment Management team leadership to identify and implement new initiatives to streamline operational/system efficiency, support the development of new programs, while also provide superior customer service.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of all activities and systems related to student accounts to insure integrity of the operations and records. Collaborate with Enrollment Management, and other offices to support the recruitment and retention goals of the University.
- Represent the department with regard to technical system optimization and capabilities.
- Overall responsibility for all student and third party billing, cashiering, collections, payment plans, financial aid disbursements and refunds.
- Develop and maintain a strategic staffing model for Student Accounts. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate department personnel. Organize and assign duties and responsibilities for the effective, efficient and timely completion of tasks and delivery of superior customer service.
- Collaborate with colleagues (Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions) to develop, recommended, and implement policies and procedures to best serve the needs of the University.
- Communicate with and provide guidance to students and their families with regard to student billing policies, processes and procedures. Exercise discretion and professional judgement with regard to the management of the office in response to customer needs.
- Draft communication talking points for written, electronic and web-site formats, insuring information remains current and accurate.
- Maximize utilization and deployment of technology tools to manage the Student Accounts operation including PeopleSoft, SIRI Student Accounts Dashboard, Nelnet Business Solutions, Ivy Chatbot, etc.
- Coordinate, review and, as applicable, authorize rules, rates, etc. for each career and term.
- Oversee the daily cashiering and deposit activity and ensure controls are implemented and operating.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements applicable State and Federal laws and regulations, university policies and procedures as it relates to the operation of the Student Accounts office. Maintain confidentiality of student information and ensure that staff remains in compliance with FERPA.
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of Student Accounts information for the various internal and external reports required by the University.
- Oversee the collections of delinquent accounts. Manage unclaimed credit balances for remittance, including student outreach and reporting to the State.
- Responsible for managing the budget for the Student Accounts office.
- Serve on various committees as appointed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President, Business Services and Controller
- The AVP must prepare required reports and complete surveys to the institution and government agencies as needed.
- The AVP will ensure that staff members are aware of and in compliance with all Federal, State and University regulations regarding the billing (including residency), receiving and depositing of tuition and fees and other charges made to student accounts.
- The AVP will build programs that enhance customer service, foster improvements in operating procedures and policies and encourage a spirit of cooperative goal setting and mutual support among staff in order to maximize productivity and job satisfaction.
- The AVP will oversee the daily operations, develop priorities and goals while supporting strategic enrollment objective and the academic mission of the University.
- The AVP will collaborate with Internal Audit and Policy, Compliance and Internal Controls on control identification and proposed testing measures to address objectives, scope and documented risk objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice Provost of Enrollment Management leadership while interfacing with campus representatives from the following offices: President, Provost, Vice Presidents, Financial Management, Enterprise Application Services, as well as external constituents, including, Attorney General’s Office, collection agencies and legal counsel.
- The AVP will serve as the primary point of contact for the Student Accounts office.
- The AVP will practice and promote the need of cross department training when necessary, to ensure that other areas represented in 1Capen are kept abreast of changes and updates and training opportunities that are available for various touch points across our organization.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, management, accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of full time professional experience in college student billing or accounting-related area, of which at least two (2) years have been in a supervisory and managerial capacity.
- Master’s degree in business, higher education administration, or related field.
- Experience supervising in a collective bargaining environment.
- Motivated self-starter, with strong financial leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |