- Supervise installation, maintenance, upgrades, and preventive activities of all architects, electrical, mechanical, utilities, computers, security systems, signage, fire alarm, landscaping, parking area and campus emergencies, equipment breakdowns, operation, etc., belonging to HBMSU in compliance with the applicable standards.
- Manage all section activities including planning, budgeting and implementation, integration, delivery, and assessment in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise and manage all services and logistics provided to University Divisions/Departments and Staff such as: events arrangements, travel arrangements, food outlets and other services.
- Perform integrated engineering planning, design, development, and provide, technical guidance to engineering consultants and support staff on a project basis as appropriate to the discipline.
- Maintain HBMSU smart building by upgrade and maintain state of art infrastructure.
- Ensure risk assessments are prepared and reviewed periodically as necessary.
- Oversee subordinates’ KPI and ensure that outcomes are aligned with facilities and services section and services departmental plan and KPIs.
- Support HBMSU revenue generation activities through creating and enabling an environment that facilitates and enhances all its processes as applicable.
- Develop, revise, enhance and modify relevant facilities and services policies, manuals, procedures, and processes.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety and information security laws and policies.
Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience directly related to the job duties
Education and Academic Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or any related field from an accredited University.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the Dubai Government safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Project planning skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in PC skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English languages.