University at Buffalo’s Research and Education in eNergy, Environment and Water (RENEW) Institute is a transdisciplinary, university-wide initiative that addresses the fundamental, interlocking survival issues that face human beings of the twenty-first century. Through research as well as educational programming, focusing on complex energy and environmental issues, we connect the dots among complex sustainability challenges, including their social and economic dimensions.
RENEW is searching for a Director of Research and Outreach to grow the Institute’s research portfolio, promote RENEW’s accomplishments, and facilitate broader engagement of both internal and external stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Proposal and External Support Development
* Utilizing SPIN and other grant databases, identify new funding opportunities for RENEW Faculty who request support.
* Develop a portfolio of funding opportunities specifically targeting early-career RENEW faculty who want to pursue single-PI proposals.
* Work 1:1 with junior faculty in proposal development from ideation to proofreading.
* Review, copy edit, and assist in grant preparation of RENEW-affiliated faculty.
* Identify potential private sector partners for RENEW Director to consider for collaborative activities.
* Conduct due diligence research on prospective industry partners and provide recommendations to RENEW Director.
* Research external funding strategies of initiatives similar to RENEW at other universities and develop guidance document for RENEW Director.
New Programs and Partnerships
* Support the RENEW Director’s mission of advancing interdisciplinarity in proposal development by vetting and proposing additional UB faculty across the university who might strengthen proposals.
* Develop partnerships and collaborative opportunities with local and international community-based organizations and NGOs, private sector companies, and governmental entities.
* Facilitate and provide logistical oversight for various RENEW events, including the Distinguished Speaker Series, and ensure that the Series and any other RENEW events are well publicized in the university and surrounding communities.
* Prepare and design roll out strategies for white papers and policy papers that are based on original research of RENEW faculty.
* Serve as an institutional “translator” who can facilitate cross-disciplinary conversations as well as explain the implications of scientific research to an audience of lay people.
* Develop relationships with state and federal representatives and provide them with biannual updates on RENEW activities; encourage representatives to look at RENEW as a public resource that can help prepare them for drafting and voting on climate and environmentally-related legislation.
* Review, copy edit, and provide feedback on research papers by RENEW-affiliated faculty research, as needed.
* Compile and analyze program performance data; leverage metrics for internal and external communications and annual reports.
* Draft web content (stories, articles, papers, and updates) and marketing collateral for external audiences.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.eduUniversity at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.