- Job purpose: The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the College who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs; the Dean will provide academic leadership and discharge administrative responsibilities in respect to faculty, staff, resources, and student matters. He/she shall provide leadership of the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission and vision of the College.
- Qualifications: AU seeks an outstanding leader and communicator eager to work collegially within the College and the University and who displays a strong commitment to liberal arts education for a diverse student body. Candidates must have an earned doctorate in an arts or sciences discipline; significant administrative experience, a distinguished record of teaching, research, and service; preferably holding the rank of full Professor.
- Duties and Responsibilities include:
1) Promoting the College’s strategic vision and distinctive characteristics, accomplishments, and aspirations to all constituencies, ensuring that the public perception of the College aligns with its ambitious goals to continue to attract the best and brightest students, faculty and staff and to produce graduates of the highest calibre.
2) Leading and overseeing the development, enhancement and continuous assessment of programs, curricula and study plans in the college.
3) Providing a conducive environment that promotes faculty excellence in teaching, advising, research and service.
4) Leading the pursuit of various required national and international accreditation and related activities.
5) Providing recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on hiring, promotion, and termination of faculty members and staff.
6) Facilitating professional development for faculty and staff in the College
7) Enhancing and extending relationships with industry, government, business, and other education and research institutions locally and abroad.
8) Leading and participating in fundraising activities to the College.
9) Supporting and initiating activities for student recruitment and retention.
10) Managing the budget and resources available to the college and ensuring the financial well-being of the College.
- Submissions: Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications must include:
1) A letter of interest;
2) Curriculum vitae, with names of three references;
3) Statements of Teaching Philosophy and Approach to Diversity;
4) Statement of Administrative Philosophy. Please limit statements to one page each.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org