Bryant University is seeking an experienced facility project manager to join the capital projects team. While the Senior PM position will be responsible for a variety of projects ranging from minor renovations to new construction, there are several facility recapitalization projects on the horizon that will entail replacement of key infrastructure systems. Bryant is seeking a well-rounded PM to join the team who has a strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced team environment.
This position reports to the Director, Capital Projects and is responsible for managing the procurement, execution and closeout of design and construction services, as well as other consultants as required, for leading the project process to a successful completion on various sized projects, ranging from five thousand dollars to several million dollars.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide effective technical input for identifying, planning and designing new construction, renovation and refurbishment projects, including design, product research, engineering, scope evaluation, condition assessment and estimating.
- Effectively coordinate, oversee and evaluate the progress of assigned University projects, and ensure contractors/vendors adhere to construction/delivery schedules in order to maintain established project timetables.
- Closely monitor and supervise project quality to ensure quality standards are met; and conduct site inspections to ensure compliance with applicable building and safety codes
- Maintain cost control through effective analysis of project bids; negotiation of effective and realistic contractual agreements with construction managers and contractors.
- Track progress of each project to insure timely completion.
- Prepare clearly and accurately written contractual agreements, purchasing procedures, and related communications; and maintain accurate and up-to-date specifications, plans and related technical construction documents. Regular reporting of project status to key stakeholders, executive leadership and others as required.
- Act as liaison for the University and department when interacting with outside vendors, Town Officials and members of the Bryant community
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the University Provide regular stakeholder communications/engagement on initiatives
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
This position is best served by an individual with an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field, and a minimum of five years experience in construction project management and contract management, preferably representing the interests of project owners.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated working knowledge of building systems, to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems. The successful candidate must be familiar with various project delivery methods and have demonstrated ability to coordinate projects through all phases of programming, planning, design, construction through commissioning and occupancy.
Requires the ability to problem solve, work independently, while prioritizing and managing several projects at once, and demonstrated skill in communication, both written and verbal.
Experience with cost reporting, project budgeting, and technical knowledge of design and construction industry and the building and renovation process is essential. Successful candidates must be able to sustain the required physical activity required to supervise and inspect the progress of work on active construction sites. Strong negotiation skills desired. Ability to build strong relationships and keep internal stakeholders engaged. Ability to build strong relationships with construction managers, vendors, and other contractors.
Demonstrated technical expertise in current computer hardware and software is essential (MS Office products, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, Primavera scheduling software and AutoCad).
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to accommodate persons with disabilities.