University of Idaho
College of Natural Resources
$49,200 to $54,000 annually
The College of Natural Resources, Environmental Science Program at the University of Idaho, Moscow, ID, seeks two (2) full-time postdoctoral research associates to play critical roles in enhancing a research program related to the human dimensions of long-term agro-ecosystems assessment. One position will emphasize grazing land production systems and the other will emphasize crop production systems. Context of each position will link to a national network of sites within the Long-term Agro-ecological Research (LTAR) Network. The initial appointments are for one year; annual renewals for up to two additional years are contingent on satisfactory performance and/or availability of funding.
- Education: Ph.D. degree in environmental social sciences, political ecology, human geography, regional economics, human dimensions of natural resources, rural sociology, or closely related field.
- Research Experience: such as graduate training or other experience in research design, analysis, and reporting. Prior focus on agricultural and natural resources systems
- Demonstrated written communication skills: ability to communicate proficiently with written formats to a variety of stakeholder groups and audiences relevant to agro-ecosystems and a diversity of cultural regions.
- Computer program experience: basic MS Office suite, web-based interfaces, and other like computer-based programs.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills: Evidence of ability to communicate proficiently via oral formats to a variety of stakeholder groups and audiences relevant to agro-ecosystems and a diversity of cultural regions.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest to work both as individual researchers as well as among interdisciplinary teams.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Position Is open until filled. First consideration date is 5/21/19.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.