As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews,Marian University is seeking an Assistant Director of Academic Engagement who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by serving as a member of the CASE (Center for Academic Success and Engagement) team and ensuring access to tutoring services for Marian University students. It is the responsibility of the Assistant Director of Academic Engagement to oversee the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of Marian University’s tutoring program. This position also works collaboratively with many university offices and individuals, including: The Academic Commons, academic departments and faculty, CASE team members, and professionals within Student Success and Engagement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Directs and manages the tutoring staff by establishing clear expectations for tutoring program, managing tutors’ performance, and provides coaching to student-tutor team.
- Recruits and train all student-tutors. Plans, implements, and when necessary, coordinates with faculty and staff training programs and professional development opportunities for student-tutors.
- Ensures consistency of all tutoring programs including learning support for graduate and licensure exams as well as ABSN/Orbis programs.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for peer tutors to help ensure academic success of students.
- Assist in data assessment and evaluation of tutoring program.
- Develops and implement peer tutoring certification.
- Manages all aspects of student-tutor scheduling.
- Teaches 1/1/1
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree.
- A background in tutoring
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in student success and student services is preferred.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: