Bank Street College
Graduate School of Education
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Bank Street College, Graduate School of Education in their search for a Registrar.
This is a remarkable opportunity for a collaborative, systems oriented, change agent to serve as the Registrar within a niche institution. The ideal candidate will employ their strategic skills to build and deliver a new model as the College moves to a One Stop Shop model with the goal of delivering the highest levels of efficiency and customer service to all stakeholders. This is truly an opportunity to leave a legacy and lasting impact.
The successful candidate will spearhead efforts to centralize student services under the Registrar’s office. Leadership, vision, exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a desire to create innovative approaches are required.
Bank Street College seeks an experienced Registrar and Student Services professional for this unique opportunity to utilize his/her strategic skills to develop and build strong processes, systems and improvements within this successful, dynamic College. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail oriented, creative and energetic professional bringing experience and fresh ideas to this important role.
The new Registrar joins the College at a dynamic and exciting time of transition as they implement new systems, processes and software. This is an opportunity to impact the shape and function of the position.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, supervise and provide leadership for all functions and services of the Graduate School’s Registrar’s Office including registration activities, academic records management, graduation auditing, and commencement
Provide oversight for the monitoring of students’ progress toward degree completion and maintaining the degree audit system
- Provide oversight for all aspects of academic record-keeping and transcript production and integrity; ensure students’ compliance with Graduate School academic policies and standards
- Provide leadership as key liaison to IT and the Business Office for issues pertaining to all services provided by the Registrar’s Office
- Oversee day-to-day management of policies, processes and operations of Registrar’s office and provide leadership, innovation, vision and accountability for the management of all records and registration policies and services
- Monitor and verify student enrollment and share in preparation of enrollment reports for internal and external audiences, including auditors and accreditors, as needed; reports include Title II, IPEDs, HEDS among others
- Supervise the verification of data essential to student loan processing and compliance, responsible for enrollment and degree reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse
- Oversee records management for students on academic probation, working in conjunction with Department Chairs and the Committee on Academic Standing
- Oversees training, development and maintenance of procedure manuals, FERPA regulations, and systems within the Registrar’s office and for the college community
- Assist with the development, production and editing of Graduate School Catalog
- Serve as a member of the Student Services Management Team, Graduate School Curriculum and Academic Standing Committees (ex-officio), Assessment Task force and other committees as needed
- Lead the Graduation Planning Group; Supervise Graduation activities in the Registrar’s Office
- All other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree required
- Evidence of successful supervisory experience and track record of office leadership
- Strong organizational and conceptual skills
- Detail-oriented and customer service and compliance focused
- Knowledgeable in the systems and processes and well versed in the requirements of a successful registrar
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in both mainframe and micro computing environments, and facility with Microsoft products
- Experience with ERP systems
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience with Jenzabar/CARS or Blackbaud a plus
- Demonstrated success in leading, planning, implementing, and adapting to change
- Fluent in the use and understanding of information technology
- Variety of programs online, blended, in-person. Someone who has had experience working with a broad range of program structures.
About Bank Street College, Graduate School of Education:
For more than a century, Bank Street College has been the forefront of how children learn and grow. Founded in their belief that education provides the opportunity to build a better society, the College has established itself as a leader in progressive education and demonstrates a deep commitment to principles of social justice. Bank Street is an innovator in improving the quality of classroom practice and a national advocate for children, families, and the system and policy changes that bring effective and equitable teaching to all.
At the Graduate School of Education, their teacher and leader preparation programs combine the study of human development, learning theory, and sustained clinical practice to produce well-prepared educators ready to help students flourish. Bank Street Graduate School of Education offers degree programs leading to the Master of Science (MS), Master of Science in Education (MSEd), or the advanced Master of Education (EdM). All programs are registered with the New York State Education Department and most lead to New York State certification.
The Graduate School of Education at Bank Street College is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through 2020. NCATE covers initial teacher preparation and advanced preparation levels.
Bank Street College has been continuously accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education since 1960. Their Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2020 and the next Self-Study Report and visit is scheduled for the 2024-25 academic year.
About the Area:
Bank Street is located in New York’s Upper West Side- a bustling family and university neighborhood near Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, the largest Gothic cathedral in North America. The College’s main building is just a few steps off Broadway, a busy avenue lined with shops and restaurants, and just a short bus or subway ride to Lincoln Center, the Metropolitan Museum, Broadway theatres, and all that New York City has to offer.
Applications are reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. Please do not email applications. You must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjypdq2b
Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to: Jennifer Muller, Academic Career & Executive Search at Jennifer@ACESrch.com or call 860-740-2600.