Assistant Director Student Alumni Services
: Staff - Full-Time
Now is the right time to join the Wolverine Pack! Utah Valley University, ranks in the top 10 America's Best Employers by State in the state of Utah.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Student Services to provide leadership, strategic direction, management and execution of a comprehensive student-to-alumni engagement program. The position assists with the development, coordination, promotion, maintenance, and evaluation of all events, programs, projects, and all other aspects of the Alumni Relations Office. Responsible for all student alumni and young alumni engagement programs. The Assistant Director serves as the primary advisor to the Student Alumni Board, and is responsible for all student programming that originates from the Alumni Office, including the Student Philanthropy Programs, the Student Alumni Board and Association, and any other student specific programs. The director will develop annual and long-term strategic initiatives to integrate these constituencies within the larger cohort of Alumni Relations and fundraising efforts via programming and communication expressly focused on these audiences. This position's efforts are also focused on the design and execution of increased and targeted means by which students and alumni interact with each other.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in a directly related field and two years experience related to the Summary of Duties or a combination of education and/or experience totaling six years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Skills in service-orientation and sensitivity to the needs, motivations and expectations of others.
- Skills working with diverse personalities. Skills in managing, assisting, and motivating volunteers to accomplish goals on time, within budget, and with adherence to university guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to speak before groups with ease.
- Ability to act with discretion and integrity at all times. Skills in organization and time management, able to meet deadlines and work with distractions.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and focused on producing work of the highest caliber.
- Ability to be industrious and possess a strong ethic of accountability.
- Ability to work independently while adhering to the standards, policies and procedures of a larger team.
- Able to deliver results while being process-oriented.
- Ability to build relationships with alumni volunteers and others.
- Able to act strategically and champion new ideas and programs while maintaining the long-term integrity and legacy of an historic institution.
- Ability to effectively lead and mentor studentshelping them develop leadership and management skills.
Two or more years of related experience in volunteer management and relationship cultivation. Experience working in alumni relations, student programs and alumni chapters.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$41,412 - $51,765
STA176218 Institutional Advancement Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13676
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.