The Continuing Professional Education (CPE) team at NIU is focused on anyone who wants to advance in their current position or is ready to make a change to a new profession. NIU’s CPE makes it easy to acquire the skills needed to get ahead. All certificate and certification classes are taught by industry professionals, certified practitioners or NIU faculty members.
The CPE Marketing Director will identify and develop a robust market for existing and emerging courses.
The Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Marketing Director leads CPE marketing efforts focused on identifying, recruiting, selling and evaluating programs to various business and industry, non-profit, educational and other customers, clients, students and others who will benefit from CPE programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define target customers, products, and channels by conducting research, reading Google Analytics reports and email analysis
- Create new processes and produce results that meet deadlines within budgets.
- Help create and tell a compelling story, including phone scripts, pivot statements, PPT decks, value propositions, and website updates
- Submit proposals and speak at conferences as approved.
- Cultivate positive relationships with internal and external individuals and organizations, including developing and sustaining both new and existing partnerships.
- Represent the P-20 Center, the division, and the University through speaking engagements, printed materials, conferences, or other contacts with internal and external audiences related to CPE including business, industry and other clients.
- Develop budgets and programming proposals
- Implement budget allocation and resources, facilities, and travel requirements
- Establish key performance metrics, including but not limited to bounce rates, conversion rates, funnel goals and revenue goals.
- Collect metrics and complete analyses as needed to determine effectiveness and target improvement
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Two years’ (24 months) experience in marketing*.
3. Licensing or Certification Required
- Digital Marketing Certificate
*Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one year (12 months) of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Critical to Performance of this Position
· Demonstratable skills in building positive interpersonal and customer relations
· Publication-quality writing.
· Highly creative, out of the box thinker who creates strategy, but also implements ideas
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Analytics, HootSuite
· Ability to lead teams, producing results within deadlines and within budget.
· Ability to maintain an organized work implementation schedule, focusing on results
· Commitment to advancement of NIU’s engagement mission
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience marketing continuing professional educational experiences