Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Registrar, College Scheduler & Online Technical Operations
Associate Registrar, College Scheduler & Online Technical Operations
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the University Registrar and Director of Academic Records (Registrar), the Associate Registrar, College Schedule & Online Technical Operations, (Associate Registrar), will provide oversight for the daily operations of the Registrar's Office, with a primary focus on the scheduling for all on-campus course offerings (scheduling approximately 1,300 individual course sections), assigning classroom space for all course sections scheduled, as well as mediate and provide solutions for conflicts throughout the year.
The Associate Registrar will also serve as liaison for the Technology Division in the Registrar's office for matters regarding AARC, 25Live, WebAdvisor, internal reporting, and Colleague. This role will also serve as the liaison to the Office of Student Financial Services for student billing and registration. The ideal incumbent shares in the customer service demands of a face-paced, collaborative, inclusive, student-centered office, serving students, faculty, and staff over the phone, via email, and in-person.
- Serve as primary scheduler for all undergraduate departments and graduate programs;
- Process all changes, cancellations and additions received through schedule inbox;
- Analyze and monitor course utilization, working with Registrar and academic departments and programs to make decisions regarding under- and over-enrolled sections;
- Support, collaborate and work closely with Deans and academic administrators on the continued development and implementation of new undergraduate curriculum;
- Manage and assign classroom space for every course section created each semester through 25Live, ensuring that room assignments meet the pedagogical needs of the course;
- Resolve room/space conflicts and process change requests diplomatically, remaining sensitive to the needs of the faculty, students, and the University as a whole on a year round basis;
- Serve as the office liaison to Simmons Technology regarding all aspects of new initiatives and troubleshooting;
- Configure AARC for registration periods; establish online and on-campus registration priorities for 21 terms per year; activate terms, sections, and search parameters on AARC in advance of each registration period;
- Manage waitlist process each semester;
- Liaison to Student Financial Services. Address discrepancies of student types, making changes as necessary;
- Conduct a credit audit each semester to address discrepancies between academic and billing credits; identify and resolve duplicate accounts;
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff and fellow administrators, in person, over email, and on the phone, with questions about registration/records, courses, curriculum requirements, enrollments, transfer credit, transcripts, graduation, grading and cross-registration;
- Help in the community wide distribution of information to students, on campus and off, in regards to Honors Convocation, Commencement, the schedule of classes, university policy, course grades, and demographics;
- Support Workday implementation initiatives on an as needed basis;
- Represents the organization at various professional, community and/or business meetings, committees and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies;
- Supervises several staff members within the office, responsible for related work allocation, training, performance evaluation, fostering a supportive and inclusive work environment.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience, required;
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a college or university Registrar office;
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills;
- Advanced knowledge of registrar principles required;
- Strong familiarity with Student Information Systems (SIS) and other technology and reporting tools related to academic program management;
- Support the mission of the Office to uphold the dignity of each one of our customers by being inclusive, ethical, respectful, fair, and courteous in our communications and actions in the support of teaching and learning at the University.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Associate-Registrar--College-Scheduler---Online-Technical-Operations_R06613
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |