The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT’s enrollment success.
This position directs the strategic and daily operational activities of assigned area within Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS).
Additional Posting Details
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and six years of closely related professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of fiscal policies and financial aid programs of the University.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, including knowledge of automated information management systems.
- Ability to train and supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to counsel students.
- Ability to relate student applications to available scholarship and loan funds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, and with other employees, and to deal with public relations problems courteously and tactfully.
A master’s degree.
Previous experience with the PeopleSoft student information system.
*Substantial documented progressive professional experience in a financial aid office.
Sophisticated understanding and demonstrated experience with data reporting/analytical skills, and expert utilization of data and current industry technology in support of the division’s goals and responsibilities will be expected of the director.
In addition, expert knowledge of general financial aid systems, policies and procedures, and federal and state financial aid regulations, as well as knowledge of basic management skills and counseling techniques, will be expected of the director.