Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Program Operations, Executive Education - The Fletcher School
The Fletcher School is the United States' first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher's multidisciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world's leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations.
The primary aim of The Fletcher School is the same as it was when conceived by its founders in 1933: to offer a broad program of professional education in international relations to a select group of graduate students committed to maintaining the stability and prosperity of a complex, challenging and increasingly global society. Our mission remains (a) To educate professionals from around the world and to prepare them for positions of leadership and influence in the national and international arenas; (b) To increase understanding of international problems and concerns through teaching, research and publications; and (c) To serve local, national and international communities in their search to develop relationships of mutual benefit, security and justice in an increasingly interdependent world.
Executive Education at Fletcher
Since its founding, The Fletcher School has prepared leaders to tackle the world's most pressing challenges. Our alumni serve in the highest levels of leadership in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. They are ambassadors and advisors, respected voices from distinguished media outlets, heads of global non-profit organizations, and leaders of some of the world's largest companies. Today we continue this tradition of training global leaders in diplomacy, law, business, and economics through our executive education programs, in which members of our distinguished faculty prepare international professionals to know and navigate the world.
The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
As a critical member of the Fletcher Executive Education team, this position of Assistant Director of Program Operations, Executive Education will manage the development and delivery of a portfolio of high-level executive training programs (online, in person, and hybrid) and serve as the main point of contact for program sponsors and participants. The goal of this position is to expand the operational capacity of the Executive Education team and ensure that all programs in the assigned portfolio are delivered efficiently and with excellence.
- Plan and coordinate high-level executive education program logistics, including program schedules, housing, meals, transportation, faculty and staff “run of show” agendas, classroom and event spaces, A/V needs, cultural and social events, and educational trips. Coordinate program expenses and ensure budgets are up-to-date and followed.
- Serve as the main point of contact for prospective and confirmed participants in executive education programs, answering or forwarding academic and logistical queries and managing admissions, registration, and participant support where applicable. Effectively support executive education participants from a variety of professional sectors, geographic regions, and career stages.
- Nurture client relationships and facilitate clear expectations. Anticipate and support client needs. Work closely with program sponsors throughout the program development and delivery stages to ensure client objectives are met. Ensure program contracts are signed, invoices are sent, and payments are received on time.
- Create and administer program evaluations. Draft and circulate summary reports with suggestions for improvement.
- Enhance learner engagement by fostering community development, networking, and collaboration; Contribute to the holistic learning experience and cultivate a community of lifelong learning across Fletcher’s executive education programs.
- Collaborate with faculty to adapt sessions and materials for mid-career and executive audiences in multiple modalities, including in-person, online and hybrid environments. Foster familiarity and creativity with cutting-edge technologies designed for mid-career and executive learners.
- Collaborate with team members to conduct program and operational assessments and adapt to new needs in order to maximize efficiency, increase scalability, maintain best practices, and expand Fletcher Executive Education as a high-quality brand in the market.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3-5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Extraordinary project management skills and attention to detail. Proven track record of independently managing projects and processes.
- Extraordinary communication and people skills. Demonstrated skills in high quality service delivery, relationship management, and verbal and written communication.
- Adept at working with different stakeholders, including clients, staff, and faculty, and building relationships across a complex matrix organization.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced multilateral environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results on a deadline
- Familiarity with global networks in government, the private sector, and global affairs
- Well developed, demonstrated knowledge of international affairs and global challenges.
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering executive-level training experiences.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty to create opportunities for learning and experimentation with new tools.
- Experience leading trainings, workshops, and meetings.
- Familiarity with tools and emerging technologies for learning, including Canvas LMS and interactive tools for assessments and presentations
- Master’s degree in education, business operations or administration, international affairs or related discipline
- 5-8 years of experience working with adult learners or an executive audience
Attributes of Successful Team Member:
- Resourceful, flexible, and diplomatic.
- Strong sense of personal and team accountability.
- Client-focused, with proven ability to develop trusting working relationships with colleagues and business partners with high expectations.
- Deep interest in leadership development, higher education and creative learning models.
- Team player with an eye for detail and skills to collaborate with multiple teams with shared accountability in fast-paced, high-energy, often ambiguous, environment.
Minimum $51,400.00, Midpoint $64,250.00, Maximum $77,100.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |