Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Enterprise Infrastructure Services
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Assistant Director of Enterprise Infrastructure will provide integral technical leadership, personnel management, budget planning, project management, and daily operations management for the VPCIO’s enterprise infrastructure area. In addition, the Assistant Director will also provide strategic planning, research, evaluation, development, implementation, and support of enterprise infrastructure and systems. The Assistant Director works to provide optimal customer service and acts on customer feedback to continually improve services offered by the department.
In this role you will:
- Provide strategic technical leadership of enterprise infrastructure including identifying needs, developing strategies, and overseeing implementation of new technologies.
- Provide operations management of enterprise infrastructure systems development and including overseeing the implementation of new technology initiatives, and participating in project management activities that have very high political and budgetary impact.
- Supervise technical staff including encouraging, monitoring, and evaluating staff development and ensuring strong customer service is being provided to a broad customer base.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership on ways to maximize optimal value based upon industry best practices in IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate university-wide with a wide variety of constituents and stakeholders about enterprise infrastructure, new technical initiatives, data sharing and integrity, etc.
- Communicate effectively including presenting complex technical information and recommendations in public forums and in writing.
- Oversee the integrity of systems including problem resolution and prevention techniques, as well as ensuring data security compliance.
It is a great time to join UB Information Technology (UBIT
)! Our staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal. For more information about UBIT
visit our website
. All the duties & responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.Outstanding Benefits:
In addition to professional growth opportunities, UBIT
staff have access to benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal, and academic to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
.University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of professional technical experience in the computer field, or master’s degree with 3 years of professional technical experience. Technical experience should be inclusive of project management experience in a technical process-oriented environment and must include experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead enterprise-wide technical initiatives. Ability to manage multiple, complex projects at the same time; Familiarity and experience with project management principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership across campus from both a technical and non-technical perspective relative to the challenge and opportunities of enterprise infrastructure services. Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with IT staff and campus stakeholders.
- Must have technical competency and curiosity.
- This position requires local travel between each university campus and off-campus. Must have the ability to demonstrate that the candidate can meet the transportation needs of this position.
- Experience working in a higher education or large, fast-paced, highly collaborative decentralized environment
- Master’s degree
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |