Director, Scouting and Video Operations for Men's Basketball (5173U) 18628
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 1, 2021
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Director of Scouting and Video Operations who will work within the department's Men's Basketball team.
This position is responsible for developing, promoting, and supporting the scouting and video operations for the Men's Basketball program. This includes maintain the recruiting database in JumpForward, recruiting schedule, filming all practices and games, coordinating video exchange, and work with coaching staff to produce opponent scouting reports.
- Film practice every day as well as all games.
- Break down game day film in order to be analyzed by the coaches.
- Help coaches with preparing and distributing practice plans and schedule.
- Oversees NCAA film requirements, and ensures that all Pac-12 Conference video exchange requirements are met (includes technical requirements and time deadlines).
- Oversees maintenance of files, database, and organizes/archives all video in appropriate storage.
- Liaison to the Pac-12 TV Network, and other networks needing team footage.
- Create highlight films of the team for recruiting and social media purposes.
- Travel with the team and coordinate any video requirements while on the road such as setting up video equipment for coaches to watch film, and filming the away game.
- Has full accountability for inventory, storage, and maintenance of video sports equipment. Must maintain record of expenses and budgetary needs, working with staff maintain team operating budget.
- Assists with various recruiting efforts, such as maintaining recruit database, recruit response system oversight (i.e. form recruits fill out and send in to Cal), monitor communications (content, personal letter, supplemental letters, quote card, etc.).
- Works with Compliance staff to coordinate on Campus housing for the student-athletes.
- Maintain and update program that shows daily schedule and highlight reels on main TV in the office. Update program with daily schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years experience/training.
- Demonstrated video experience at a collegiate or professional level.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of game editing & graphic design software.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Prior knowledge of SportsCode Editing System and SynergySports recommended.
- Experience working with a NCAA Division I, Power 5 Conference Basketball team.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, 1 year contract position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=18628&PostingSeq=1