Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Assessment and Planning
Old Dominion University
The Assistant Director of Assessment and Planning for SEES is responsible for leading and supporting large-scale and small-scale assessment projects. This position constructs and administers surveys and assessment instruments and assists with designing and completing assessment plans and reports. The position also conducts workshops and other trainings for staff on assessment best practices. The incumbent works with and prepares real-world data sets for analysis and develops research reports. Given the nature of the positions in Student Engagement & Enrollment Services that provide support to student services and/or student-centered programs, the employee occupying this position may be required to work during a university closing.
Master’s degree in education, research/statistics, management, or a related field (preferably with coursework in research design, statistics, or data analytics), or commensurate experience.
- Working knowledge of assessment and evaluation activities; survey design/development, psychometrics, and methodology; data analyses; database development, management, and reporting, and college student services; Excellent leadership, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in assessment or evaluation in higher education.
- Professional experience in assessment, research, or evaluation designing, conducting, and reporting on assessment projects, preferably related to higher education student learning outcomes.
- Knowledge of and experience in research design, survey methods, managing focus groups, and other techniques for gathering quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency in using statistical software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, MS Access) to complete quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Knowledge of and experience in data management, extraction, analysis, and data visualization platforms, as well as relational database programming.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other university offices.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with written and oral communication in higher education settings, especially providing information to senior decision-makers.
- Experience with effectively managing multiple projects and priorities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |