Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Dir Case Management
University of San Francisco
Associate Dir Case Management
The Associate Director for Case Management is supervised directly by the Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students within Student Life. The Associate Director is primarily responsible for providing services designed to minimize the impact of mental illness or emotional distress on the academic and personal pursuits of students through effective case management and the coordination of care between campus and community resources. The Associate Director will also support the Dean of Students in university-wide projects, retention efforts, student advocacy, training, and leadership development.
The position works closely with members of the Crisis Management and Behavioral Intervention team, to assist with various aspects of clinical administration regarding triage/intake/crisis systems and quality assurance. The Associate Director also provides crisis intervention, consultation and programming to the campus community.
As a member of the larger staff in Student Life, the Care Manager collaborates and cooperates to create leadership and intercultural competence opportunities to support student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Office of the Associate Vice Provost/Dean of Students
- Provides case management of students with complex mental and physical health problems, learning disabilities and comorbidities.
- Establishes comprehensive plans of care and support utilizing appropriate on campus and community services/providers. Re-evaluates and adjusts the plan according to need over time; partners with the student and collaborate with other relevant parties.
- Triages student with behavioral health, physical health and learning concerns; facilitates and tracks referrals and follows up with students who do not attend appointments and/or mandated to participate in treatment.
- Coordinates the efforts of various providers and facilitates communication among providers to ensure the student receives quality service.
- Acts and advocates for the student as he/she negotiates the academic, student life and health care landscape by working with relevant on campus and off campus providers to ensure the student's needs and accommodations are understood.
- Serves as primary Office of the Dean of Students representative who accompanies student(s) to the hospital for mental health care as needed.
- Initiates and develops on-going liaison relationships with community health providers, service hospitals, and other resources.
- Educates and advises the student in the development of self-advocacy skills.
- Assists in the coordination of responses to a myriad of issues (i.e. mental health issues, sexual assaults, academic difficulties) and concerns from students, staff, faculty, families, alumni, and other external constituents related to student development and success.
- Supports the Associate Vice Provost in all aspects of special projects, case management, training programs, and outreach efforts to students, faculty and staff.
- Serves on the University Life Crisis Management and Behavioral Intervention Team and provides support for students in crisis as appropriate.
- Represents the department and Division at University functions that require training or orientation to departmental matters (e.g., workshops at Prospective Student Open Houses).
- Collaborates with other administrators and faculty to ensure program interface, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Serves on selected department and university committees.
- Serves as secondary Office of the Dean of Students representative who accompanies student(s) to the hospital for any health care related issue, as needed.
- Participates in the Associate Vice Provost on-call rotation schedule
- Represents the department and Division at University functions that require training or orientation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice Provost of Student Life and/or Associate Vice Provost/Dean of Students.
- California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a licensed Professional Counselor preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in an academic environment and experience with crisis intervention is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to, and understanding of, a diverse, urban institution.
- A demonstrated interest in, and a commitment to, the mission of a Jesuit institution.
- Knowledge and skill with current technology is also preferred.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Associate-Dir-Case-Management_R0002853.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |