Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Facilities Services - Grafton
The Operations Division at Tufts manages facilities and construction, campus planning, real estate, campus safety, environmental safety, dining operations and other related services on multiple campuses across 5.5 million square feet in 250 buildings - the main campus in Medford/Somerville, the health sciences and SMFA campuses in Boston and the veterinary school campus in Grafton. Because of its leadership role in sustainability and in protecting and conserving resources, the Operations Division is central to and of increasing importance to the entire University.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Senior Director of Facilities Services and overseeing a diverse team of facilities and grounds management and staff, the Director of Facilities Services – Grafton for the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine is responsible for providing a safe, dependable, inclusive, and high-quality physical environment supporting the success of our students, faculty, and staff and enabling the University to conduct its teaching, research and educational mission. The Director leads the campus Facilities Services department’s planning, execution, management, and implementation of maintenance, operations, grounds, labor, mail services and custodial services and programs for all aspects of campus research, academic and residential facilities, and infrastructure. They will work on a daily basis as part of a cohesive and influential team in collaboration with peers overseeing, campus planning, capital programs and campus engineering functions. They also interacts with campus leaders, communicating timely and accurate information regarding campus conditions and work status.
The Director should be able to draw on a wide range of facilities and operations experience to manage a complex facilities environment. The Director effectively manages over 12+ employees in a dynamic, inclusive, and diverse research and educational setting as well as supporting a culture that focuses on excellence in customer service.
- Be a champion for the services within Facilities, with an eye towards continuous improvement and excellence in customer service.
- Develop and support a positive, team focused culture that integrates and supports diversity and inclusion.
- Provide vision and direction for the day-to-day facilities operations, services, and maintenance activities at all locations. Provide management and leadership in maintaining a safe, healthy, sustainable, and disaster resilient environment for the University community including faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Support University-wide mission and initiatives through the development of goals, expectations, and metrics, both departmentally and individually.
- Mentor, train, develop, recruit, retain, and promote managers and staff.
- In collaboration with Campus Directors, administer annual facilities operational plans and budgets for all campuses
- Develop, document, and implement effective facilities management standards and guidelines with a sensitive approach to student and employee experience.
- Support and collaborate on the energy management plan to drive the campus towards carbon neutrality and cost savings.
- Support and collaborate facilities specific sustainability goals that are in line with the University wide goals on Sustainability.
- Proactively partner with all cross-functional teams involved with capital planning, construction and renovations, and asset renewal. Ensures construction complies with facilities related building standards with an eye towards operating efficiency and driving down operating costs Ensure clear roles and responsibilities around project handoffs and transitions.
- Ensure all stakeholder teams are properly engaged at the onset of any new workplace initiatives.
- Partner with the office of emergency management and other key stakeholders to ensure business continuity and physical emergency response plans are in place.
- Drive special projects, as needed, including the creation of any facilities-related business cases and cost justifications.
- Play a role in planning for and conducting collective bargaining negotiations with the University’s unionized trades and grounds labor.
- Drive problem solving of highly technical issues and investigation of major systems and equipment.
- Skilled in effective leadership of a dynamic team including coaching, evaluation, and team building.
- Demonstrated successful leadership and organizational team management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of facility operations including design and construction, maintenance, repair, and renovation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of principles, practices, and procedures of federal and state regulatory requirements as related to facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of life cycle and equipment and facilities replacement planning and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and apply standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written formats using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback.
- Ability to convey complex information to a variety of audiences, excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain professional and emotional control under stress and craft appropriate responses to situations while maintaining a professional and personal demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies 24/7.
- Be an excellent communicator with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or related field or equivalent combination of work experience and training, including trade licenses.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in maintenance, facilities, or engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership role directing or managing a cross functional team.
- Possess positive leadership qualities and ability to motivate people, work cooperatively, solve technical problems, make decisions, and effectively manage personnel and financial resources.
- Familiarity with applicable codes and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience managing building trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical), grounds, custodial.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Experience with energy management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends, models, and best practices used in Facilities Management within and outside higher education industry.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems and typical software required for the position.
- Professional, facilities related certifications
- Advanced degree in engineering, facilities/construction management or related field
- Experience in a unionized environment and interpreting bargaining agreements.
- Experience managing a research and development facility, hospital, or health sciences campus
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Flexibility in work schedule required due to campus related emergencies, events occurring nights and weekends and special events such as matriculation and commencement.
Minimum $133,200.00, Midpoint $166,500.00, Maximum $199,800.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |