Assistant Dean of Graduate Development and Engagement
The Ohio State University
The Assistant Dean of Graduate Engagement and Advancement oversees the professional development programs and engagement efforts for graduate students at The Ohio State University. The Assistant Dean has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the professional skills development and communication programs for the Graduate School. Coordinates the design and implementation of various programs to provide career education, career counseling, professional development and engagement. Positioning the work of the office to raise the visibility of the Graduate School both internally and externally to the Ohio State University; working with various university offices and key partners around the University. Responsible for ensuring that all professional and university activities support graduate students and meet the changing needs of advanced education. Provides leadership as a member of the Graduate School leadership team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction in providing innovative professional, organizational and engagement opportunities for graduate students
- Collaborates, along with the executive team, as well as other key leaders, to ensure professional development and engagement opportunities that support pedagogically sound approaches
- Oversees the creation of professional development and engagement opportunities to support the Graduate School vision and strategic plan
- Along with the Dean and Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, provides support to the colleges on the development of graduate programs
- Creates and develops faculty mentor programs
- Develops and oversees various programs including preparing graduate students to be future faculty, connections to other universities or corporations to provides opportunities for graduate students
- Seeks funding and resources to develop an award programs for graduate students
- Serves as member of the leadership team of the Graduate School; reports directly to the Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
Education and Experience:
The Ohio State University seeks an articulate, confident and resourceful self-directed faculty member who is proficient in professional development and engagement work who is able to realize and execute the Graduate School’s vision.
- Doctorate degree
- Teaching experience in a higher education institution
- Experience related to professional and organizational development and engagement work
- Demonstrated skill in fostering new institutional relationships, professional networks and corporate relations
- Ability to engage faculty, senior administrators and students
- Successful in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and the ability to promote an inclusive campus and community culture
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and letter of interest via email to Matt Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Assistant Dean of Graduate Development and Engagement in the subject line.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.