Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Excellence and Innovation Initiative
Utah Valley University
Director of Excellence and Innovation Initiative
: Staff - Full-Time
Who are we:
We are Utah Valley University and have the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state, approximately 40,000 students. We are one of a growing number of institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
The Director of the Excellence and Innovation Initiative (E2I) works alongside key campus stakeholders and external partners to power up project-based learning for UVU students. This newly created position connects UVU faculty, students, and community/business leaders and works closely with the VP as well as the university president on visioning, coordination, and implementation. The purpose of E2I is to expand and deepen student learning in how to get things done through real-world projects that reflect their passions, competencies, and academic learning as exemplified in the universities Essential Learning Outcomes (ELOs). Success in this position means that more UVU students will have experienced collaboration, communication, success, failure, project management, and other relevant skills during their time at UVU.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
60% | Excellence and Innovation Catalyst Program:
- Serves as a partner with academic affairs.
- Coordinates with programs and departments on projects in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Provides training and direct application on project management, systems thinking, lean startup, and design thinking processes.
- Sources, encourages, supervises / supervising and provides leadership and support to student projects.
- Builds relationships among key campus stakeholders to collaborate on student projects and experiences.
- Reports on all accountability measures: fundraising, current projects, completed projects, impact, and ROI for UVU.
- Meets regularly with community outreach team and catalyst students to track projects and coordination efforts.
- Coordinates with Stanford Innovation Fellows and MIT Station One programs.
30% | Campus and Community Engagement:
- Partners with Center for Social Impact, Undergraduate/Faculty Research, Community Outreach and Economic Development (COED), Office of Engaged Learning High Impact Practices (HIPS), Internships, Essential Learning Outcomes (ELO's) and other key campus stakeholders to coordinate efforts in project-based learning.
- Through coordination with associate deans, creates cross-disciplinary collaboration among students and faculty.
- Regularly reports on progress to UVU administration and provides strategic direction on the future of the E2I.
- Increases student engagement and affinity by preparing students for the workforce, offering high-impact projects, and facilitating access to key resources on campus and in the community.
- Serves as a member of the executive team for the division of Administration and Strategic Relations.
- Builds relationships with business/industry, public sector, and non-profit leaders in Utah County and beyond. These relationships should help in creating engaging projects that students can gain practical experience and knowledge.
- Works with senior leaders to create a CEO Alliance/CEO circle for E2I.
10% | Performs other duties as needed or assigned. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters degree in Communication, Political Science, Business, plus at least one year of related experience; or, a related field OR any combination of education and experience totaling 7 years.
- Understanding of community and government relations best practices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal government procedures.
- Knowledge of UVUs service region and the key stakeholders of the university.
- Effective board management.
- Skills in navigating complex topics in Excellence and Innovation.
- Skills in collaboration and networking.
- Skills in relationship-building and sourcing projects for and with students.
- Skills in program management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to work night and weekend hours, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$69,359 $86,699 DOQ
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24180
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |