Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
University of California Riverside
The School of Business at the UC Riverside is a nationally ranked and internationally-recognized AACSB-accredited business school. Home to the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management (AGSM), which features MBA, Ph.D., Professional MBA, Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA), Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc), and Master of Finance (MFin) programs. The Assistant Director of Admission and Recruitment assesses candidates. backgrounds and future academic/career goals to effectively advise them of appropriate programs. The incumbent proactively coaches applicants on the various admissions processes and criteria, documentation requirements, and on-boarding activities. High volume admissions counseling occurs primarily by in-person appointments, tele-counseling and/or email.
The Assistant Director may score application essays, conduct student interviews in order to effectively represent candidates to the admissions committee. The incumbent will help to administer any UCR School of Business customized international programs and coordinates numerous aspects of program planning and implementation, including higher education program offerings to support recruitment and admission activities, marketing, data analytics, student outreach, and program evaluation. The incumbent is expected to conduct modest travel domestically and internationally to foster institutional relationships. The incumbent is expected to have experience in project management, marketing, data analytics, and higher education program offerings to support recruitment and admissions activities at UC Riverside's School of Business, home of the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management (AGSM)..
- Plans visits to schools, schedules and makes presentations, interviews, and follow-up visits.
- Serves as liaison between students, parents, colleges/universities, community agencies, and UC college / school / department.
- Collaborates in international and domestic marketing and promotion to promote AGSM programs to foreign guests, leaders and prospective students and recruit students. Creates a marketing collateral production calendar to effectively manage projects that equip the admissions team with the appropriate tools to recruit high quality candidates. Collaborates with the marketing department and outside vendors to produce high quality marketing collateral that promote AGSM programs such as promotional videos, social ad campaigns, presentations, brochures, table displays, promotional items, etc.
- Provides personalized admission services (visa process, pre-business school workshops, one-on-one interviews, etc.), to improve the quality of services recruiting a certain demographic of students (e.g. domestic, higher GPA, Underrepresent Minorities -URM, etc.). Utilizes CRM and application systems to collate accurate monthly admissions funnel data and presents reports using effective visualization techniques to School of Business management to benchmark admissions goals
- Identifies potential students, and provides information about higher education generally and UC specifically.
- Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements, prerequisite courses, school / college programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities.
- Uses extensive knowledge of college / school / department requirements and applicant pool, to assess the applicants' overall record and experience for final admissions determination and recommendation.
- Produces special and annual reports, and program evaluations.
- Plans, manages and implements events to enhance recruitment and yield, diversity initiative events, mentoring programs, electronic communications, and similar activities.
- Assesses effectiveness in attracting quality students to UC.
- Maintains an up-to-date database to include a comprehensive overview of program applicants. Prepares annual admissions data and submits to relevant ranking agencies in addition to reporting statistics on school website
- Plans, manages and implements events to enhance recruitment and yield, diversity initiative events, mentoring programs, electronic communications, and similar activities. Be fully responsible for the entire cycle of recruitment and support the admission process, reviewing applications, advising on documentation, steps, and visa application, if needed. Collaborates in international and domestic marketing and promotion to promote AGSM programs to foreign guests, leaders and prospective students and recruit students
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training..
- 4 - 7 years of related experience.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges / universities and specifically at UC, and / or specific colleges and schools.
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Ability to listen and respond to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
- Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
- In-depth knowledge of current public educational programs and trends
- Thorough knowledge to conduct needs assessment and development of new presentations/courses to meet organizational needs
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
- Intensive knowledge and expertise with WeChat Marketing and other global marketing tools
- Strong familiarity with CRM functionality
- Experience working with international partners in different time zones
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Prior experience of living or studying abroad.
For a detailed position description, required qualifications, and to apply for this position, please visit the UCR Human Resources website at http://jobs.ucr.edu and look for job number 27772751
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans Employer
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |