Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Foundation Relations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Director, Foundation Relations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Director will effectively engage in mutually benecial relationships between the University and foundations and will contribute to the submission of quality proposals in support of key institutional initiatives.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Working closely with the Director, will assist in the development of strategies for foundation engagement - both at the local and national levels.
- Will manage an active portfolio of foundation prospects and maintain foundation interactions, including stewardship.
- Will create compelling and competitive proposals through engaging in productive interactions with faculty and colleagues.
- Will coordinate with Advancement Communications on content and information for news releases, press announcements, and/or feature stories and proles regarding signicant foundation gifts and grants.
- Will maintain the Web content for the department.
- With campus partners, will collaborate on new faculty training and additional outreach activities, promoting foundation funding opportunities across campus.
- Will assist in coordinating foundation visits, which may include senior academic, administrative, and volunteer leaders.
- Will research and maintain up-to-date information on foundations and prepare foundation proles.
- The Assistant Director is the designee on foundation matters for the Director in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of three years proposal writing experience.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Ability to meet tight, and sometime concurrent, deadlines.
- Effective and well developed organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible work attitude with a willingness and ability to shift priorities and focus on a regular basis.
- Use discretion in the handling of highly confidential and sensitive documents and files.
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends and evenings as needed.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player, and be highly motivated.
- Ability to be productive without close supervision.
- Experience with MS Word, Adobe Writer, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Foundation-Relations_R0001908
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |