The Institution: Okanagan College
With a history that dates to 1963, Okanagan College has over a half-century history of providing postsecondary education and training to the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen regions. The College has a strong reputation for excellence in learning and teaching. The students, alumni, and employees of the College have helped support the development and growth of the Okanagan region, which has distinguished itself in recent years as one of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas in Canada.
To learn more, please visit Okanagan College’s website.
The Opportunity: Vice President, Students
The Vice President, Students ("VPS") is responsible for the effective delivery of support services to prospective, enrolled and graduating students on all campuses in accordance with Okanagan College’s mission, values, key directions, and policies. As a member of the Executive team, the VPS plays a key role in the strategic direction and long-range planning for the College and participates in the overall management of the institution. The VPS is also responsible for providing institutional leadership for a portfolio that includes the Regional Deans, Director (International), Director (Library Services), and Director (Student Services) and functions as a key point of contact for the Okanagan College Students’ Union and the Vernon Students’ Association with the College Executive.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and vision in a complex, multi-site, unionized organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and sustain relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of the public post-secondary system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of student support processes.
- Appreciation of the financial challenges and opportunities facing public post-secondary education and the ability to maximize resources in such a context.
- Ability to align resources with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Ability to define and implement operational change and to effectively manage impacts. Ability to implement directives, provide operational oversight and manage staff.
- Demonstrated effective and positive management style for people and corporate culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader with employees and students, the Board of Governors and diverse groups in educational, community and administrative environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budgetary processes.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: ROBIN NOFTALL or GREG LONGSTER
Leaders International Executive Search
880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422